Got the call

Dealer called today to let me know my 2014 500exc is in. Going to pick it up tomorrow!

Me too can't wait :ride:

Now I am really starting to feel left out.  Best of luck with the new bike, Enjoy!

Congrats!

Congrats! Post up pics ASAP! :ride:

IMG_3092.JPG

Couple of question

Where do you keep your tool kit. Pack, seems like there room by the air intake?

Gearing. Seems kind of tall with a speed of 10MPH idling in 1st gear

You'll want to change the gearing for anything off road. I went to 13/48 and stilled used the stock chain, just reverse the axel blocks. Works great in the single track and will still do 85+. As for the tools, I carry them in a fanny pack when off road.

Edited by KTMPete

You'll want to change the gearing for anything off road. I went to 13/48 and stilled used the stock chain, just reverse the axel blocks. Works great in the single track and will still do 85+. As for the tools, I carry them in a fanny pack when off road.

Surprised that the stock gearing is 15/45. Manual says 14/50 . Thinking of going to 13/51. If max speed is 80KPH that's fine with me.  Did a little excel spread sheet and should do 85 in 6th at 5000rpm. Not sure if the stock chain will fit with these gears.  So far have only road back from the dealer about 110 KM and 20KM in the back forty. Doing the first real ride tomorrow. Ordered a skid plate and rotor guard from endro engineering. Someone else post that they couldn't kick start theirs. Took a few kicks but could get mine going which is good to know if the battery goes dead although with FI might not start anyways with a dead battery!  

Surprised that the stock gearing is 15/45. Manual says 14/50 . Thinking of going to 13/51. If max speed is 80KPH that's fine with me.  Did a little excel spread sheet and should do 85 in 6th at 5000rpm. Not sure if the stock chain will fit with these gears.  So far have only road back from the dealer about 110 KM and 20KM in the back forty. Doing the first real ride tomorrow. Ordered a skid plate and rotor guard from endro engineering. Someone else post that they couldn't kick start theirs. Took a few kicks but could get mine going which is good to know if the battery goes dead although with FI might not start anyways with a dead battery!  

I may be wrong but I think the FI is battery-less. The first few kicks will charge the system and the next ones will fire it over. so even if your battery is dead you'll be fine.

I may be wrong but I think the FI is battery-less. The first few kicks will charge the system and the next ones will fire it over. so even if your battery is dead you'll be fine.

I can personally say this statement is true. I had my stock battery die the second or third ride I got my 2013 EXC because my lights were on and my bike was off as I descended down a switch back trail that took 5-10 minutes to get down. It not only happened to my bike, but also my brothers with the same year bike. The battery was shot! But since the battery was so dead, it took more than a few quicks to get it started. But it did start regardless. It took probably 10 kicks to charge the system then it would fire right up in one kick. The bikes ran fine after that. It taught me three things; it's always good to have a kick starter for back-up, the stock batteries are aren't that great and hate to be started more than a few times in a short period so I get a Shorai, Anti-gravity, ETC. , and buy a turn signal switch that allows you to turn your lights off since the stock one's don't.