Sign in to follow this  

Frame Compatibility

Will a 2007 frame directly swap onto a 2008 kx250f? I cant find a '08 frame anywhere, but i have found quite a few 2007.

Will a 2007 frame directly swap onto a 2008 kx250f? I cant find a '08 frame anywhere, but i have found quite a few 2007.

Same chassis. It will all bolt up fine. Very little differences between 2007 and 2008. I think just the front motor mount spacers are different on the frame and that is probably the brackets that bolt on anyway.

Quick add to my post: Make sure whoever you buy this frame from gives you a bill of sale and make sure to run the VIN to make sure it is not a frame from a bike reported stolen. Do that before you assemble the whole thing. It can happen, you buy a used frame it's stolen, you put all your parts in that frame, get pulled over, cop runs VIN, Walla your going to jail and the bike is gone.

Edited by KX290F Pilot

Same chassis. It will all bolt up fine. Very little differences between 2007 and 2008. I think just the front motor mount spacers are different on the frame and that is probably the brackets that bolt on anyway.

Quick add to my post: Make sure whoever you buy this frame from gives you a bill of sale and make sure to run the VIN to make sure it is not a frame from a bike reported stolen. Do that before you assemble the whole thing. It can happen, you buy a used frame it's stolen, you put all your parts in that frame, get pulled over, cop runs VIN, Walla your going to jail and the bike is gone.

I'm only going to buy a frame that comes with a title, its just to risky otherwise. Always a good idea to run the VIN before buying a bike.

Edited by Vernsker298