Sign in to follow this  

SLANTBODY FCR-39 GURU'S

icon1.png E-model fcr-39 slantbody
hey guys so ive got the fcr 39 in my SM and it feels great. its has an EMN needle 3rd clip with a 160 main. no coast enricher etc etc....it feels a lot faster but after racing my brother a couple times last nght its not! if anything its slower than my bsr 36 needle 3rd clip 155 main. anyone have a different setting i should try for california at sea level? it has a lot of torque when i nail it and has decent mid but doesnt pull like

Yeah good idea. I have the 3x3 and 3 1/2" holes drilled in the airbox door.

Yeah good idea. I have the 3x3 and 3 1/2" holes drilled in the airbox door

On the other hand...cover the holes in the door and try that as well

Hang on ....what's the go with your signature...are you on a stroked DZer..?????

mate if your brothers bike is stock there is something seriously wrong with your bike...

Are you a big guy..? 

This is how I would set up the carb

160 main jet
200 main air jet
EMR needle
clip 3
45 pilot jet
2 turns fuel screw 

With the CE removed

60 paj with hose linked carb ports

100 paj if ports are capped 

Edited by Craigo 485sm

I am a big guy 6'2 215. He weighs 160 slipper clutch e model cams MRD rejet. I pulled him before with the stock carb pretty decently. Now it seems its about the same pull. My clutch is slipping a little now when I flat shift where with the stock carb it wasn't. I want to look into putting spacers behind the clutch springs. I know the tubes aren't linked together and don't think they are capped either...? Also my headgAsket is leaking I just found out AND my start relay solenoid just quit. I'm so ready to get rid of this bike I'm fixing it more than riding it. Ill make a video of the carb later and maybe you can give me some pointers

I am a big guy 6'2 215. He weighs 160 slipper clutch e model cams MRD rejet. I pulled him before with the stock carb pretty decently. Now it seems its about the same pull. My clutch is slipping a little now when I flat shift where with the stock carb it wasn't. I want to look into putting spacers behind the clutch springs. I know the tubes aren't linked together and don't think they are capped either...? Also my headgAsket is leaking I just found out AND my start relay solenoid just quit. I'm so ready to get rid of this bike I'm fixing it more than riding it. Ill make a video of the carb later and maybe you can give me some pointers

Those Cams wouldnt be helping the head gasket...

• Like 1

Yes I do know the hot cams are not ideal for my stroker set up. Unfortunately I do not have the money to pay for headwork right now if I'm not mistaken the only cams that do work with my stroker motor require headwork, correct? I did get 5,000 hard miles out of it before my coolant Expansion chamber started overfilling.... I have already eliminated the thermostat radiator cap and all connecting tubing it is still filling up after about an hour long ride. Ill be posting a video shortly of my carb.

We are always around to help out....as you are aware of the engine needs a few more goodies to make it perform to it's potential..

head gasket issues are common for a stroker using hotcams...they don't have adequate duration to deal with the increase in swept cylinder volume...

Edited by Craigo 485sm

Mmmm. That looks like the same slant body FCR I got. I love it. It's not from an E, it's just a generic "old style" FCR. The E carb looks a bit different. Did you buy it used? Cuz buying used carbs raises tail feathers around here.

• Like 1

The carb looks like came off a Yamaha yz400('98-'99 , after they swich it to fcrMX) so no CE/Coast Emricher on it .

Your carb doesn't have any vent hoses on it as it should .

• Like 1