Sign in to follow this  

Washington Advice on Capitol Forest

Thinking about heading down to Capitol Forest for the day on Sat. Bringing my two boys 10&12 with a CRF 50 and SSR125TR. They are both beginner's and I'm Intermediate We have never been before. What are some easy loops for us? Thinking about staging at the Rock Candy entrance. I have downloaded and printed the map off of the DNR website.

I have never staged from the Rock Candy entrance, but I have spent a bit of time at Straddleline.  Actually heading there again on Friday.  In addition to the MX track they have a mini track which is very mellow.  There are trails of ranging difficulty as well as plenty of logging roads which are tame enough for the most timid rider.

That place is a ton of fun.  The owners are nice and are doing good stuff with that property.

I live in the Seattle area and the drive never bothers me because I always have such a good time there.

• Like 1

Straddleline is 5 miles west of Rock Candy at the Cooper Rd exit.

Rock Candy does have a small beginners course but Straddleline has a lot more beginner terrain including open fields, but you pay to enter. They have a food concession open on weekends and during events.

Rock Candy  has Summit Grocery one mile east on hwy8.

We have been to Straddleline a few times and the kids get bored of the beginner track and the junior track has been closed each time. Although I did look at the schedule/calendar and the JR.track is supposed to be open this weekend. 

From Straddy's facebook page.We will be hosting a DRAG RACING event Sat nite in front of the Grand Stands.... $2.00 to participate. Trophies for the winners

50,s/65s/85s/ 250/450s mini Quads and Big quads. Utv.s also.... SAT NITE AT 6PM... Double elimination.

Looks like a good time for the lil uns.Support the park if you can.100% user funded facility.Lots of good things going on there.Lots of trails to ride up on the hill inside the park.