Sign in to follow this  

Massachusetts Riding on cape cod

Hi, i was wondering where good places to ride are on cape cod. I know theres no legal place, but does anyone know of some good out of the way places, where youve been to quite a bit or know theres never usually people, epa, or cops around there. Thanks!

I know a lot of places right near cape cod, not any trails but there are mx tracks in middleboro and wareham, atwoods & wareham practice tracks are in wareham, and capeway rovers is in middleboro, I love capeway, but have never been to atwoods

I know about all the places off cape, just havent gone because of the distance, and im pretty new to riding so i dont want to show up to a track not being able to ride great, only been going 1st and 2nd around my house, and i really need sonewhere near me, i have heard a lot of places are down in marstons mills and mashpee, but preferably if anyone knows anywhere in harwich?

I know about all the places off cape, just havent gone because of the distance, and im pretty new to riding so i dont want to show up to a track not being able to ride great, only been going 1st and 2nd around my house, and i really need sonewhere near me, i have heard a lot of places are down in marstons mills and mashpee, but preferably if anyone knows anywhere in harwich?

How far down the cape is harwich? I know of tons of places near me, middleboro, pembroke, and marshfield are all loaded with riding areas, I would think there would just be some pitts near you, every town has them haha, at least around here, there's brocktons "the ups", and west bridgewater pitts, pembroke sand pit, marshfield pit, east bridgewater pitts, "the mobile" is a small track located on 106 in west bridgewater, some guy made it with a bobcat

About mid capeish, and i know theres pits near where i am, but im wondering where bear me, not an hour away, that theres pits that are out of the way, wheres its likley no one will be around, so the epa wont even know your out there. The ones close to me are right near a main road, and even at the furthest back point youd still e able to hear my bike clearly

About mid capeish, and i know theres pits near where i am, but im wondering where bear me, not an hour away, that theres pits that are out of the way, wheres its likley no one will be around, so the epa wont even know your out there. The ones close to me are right near a main road, and even at the furthest back point youd still e able to hear my bike clearly

Ours are right behind a cemetery, police don't really give us trouble, even when we ride into the cemetery, we just cruise in 1st gear to the faucet and refill water bottles, and we get nothing but waves from old ladies, and the guy who always walks his dog, if your towns as small as west bridgewater noone cares :p

Plymouth is full of trails

And EP's. I've been to the power lines in S.Ply 4 times in the last month and have seen them in a truck 3 times. But  I think if you stick to trails you'll be fine.

Chris

i work at wareham mx and ride there. the tracks really come along way especially with the new bobcat. nice cheap practice track. theres a ride day there this sunday and a race on the 20th

Nice!! And i haven't been thre, but I've heard of a bunch of safety issues there, not bad, just on practice days not seperating classes well, is the track working to improve this? I only ask because I would love to go but am hesitant because of the crash stories I've heard from there

Nice!! And i haven't been thre, but I've heard of a bunch of safety issues there, not bad, just on practice days not seperating classes well, is the track working to improve this? I only ask because I would love to go but am hesitant because of the crash stories I've heard from there

we divide classes into A/B, C, Women and mini all weekend and on busier weekdays as needed. we might need to find a way to further divide practice because the Brazilians sometimes are scary in C class and are somehow that slow  they should have a D. only had 3 bad crashes this year I know of and there was nothing to do with dividing classes. 2 of those were Brazilians trying to do the 85 foot step up, used somehow too much throttle and landed on the face of the next jump which is not the tracks fault. and the other crash was where hay bails are normally after the spectator they had been dragged off from people cutting the track and going too far off to the side and hitting them. we hadn't replaced the hay bails yet and a 125 cased the jump and landed sideways and held the throttle open. which results in him going through where the hay bails were missing and hitting an oncoming bike. it was a freak accident but neither person was hurt. only real crashes wev had are people overshooting or casing jumps but never a safety issue. when a rider has a complaint such as a big rock surfacing in the sand section we always immediately go take it out. always trying to work with the riders to improve. 2 pros run the track bc atwood and jake Morrison. jakes had top 10 moto finishes at 450 nationals and got the holeshot 2nd moto  2011 southwick national so its run by riders who know how to have a fun track.

The hardest thing is too keep the track at a good in -between for skill. there will always be slower/older riders complaining of big jumps, and then when decotis, sottile, or jake himself ride they need it to be somewhat challenging and not boring.

we divide classes into A/B, C, Women and mini all weekend and on busier weekdays as needed. we might need to find a way to further divide practice because the Brazilians sometimes are scary in C class and are somehow that slow they should have a D. only had 3 bad crashes this year I know of and there was nothing to do with dividing classes. 2 of those were Brazilians trying to do the 85 foot step up, used somehow too much throttle and landed on the face of the next jump which is not the tracks fault. and the other crash was where hay bails are normally after the spectator they had been dragged off from people cutting the track and going too far off to the side and hitting them. we hadn't replaced the hay bails yet and a 125 cased the jump and landed sideways and held the throttle open. which results in him going through where the hay bails were missing and hitting an oncoming bike. it was a freak accident but neither person was hurt. only real crashes wev had are people overshooting or casing jumps but never a safety issue. when a rider has a complaint such as a big rock surfacing in the sand section we always immediately go take it out. always trying to work with the riders to improve. 2 pros run the track bc atwood and jake Morrison. jakes had top 10 moto finishes at 450 nationals and got the holeshot 2nd moto 2011 southwick national so its run by riders who know how to have a fun track.

The hardest thing is too keep the track at a good in -between for skill. there will always be slower/older riders complaining of big jumps, and then when decotis, sottile, or jake himself ride they need it to be somewhat challenging and not boring.

Sounds like D class might be a good idea haha, and I only ask because my friend who goes often once saw an 85 rider need to be midiflighted and he himself went down and broke his thumb, not a bad crash, and also not the tracks fault, totally his, and I was talking with his dad the other day and he said the track puts off the aora that its kind of unorganized and a free-for-all, one could see where that would get dangerous

Sounds like D class might be a good idea haha, and I only ask because my friend who goes often once saw an 85 rider need to be midiflighted and he himself went down and broke his thumb, not a bad crash, and also not the tracks fault, totally his, and I was talking with his dad the other day and he said the track puts off the aora that its kind of unorganized and a free-for-all, one could see where that would get dangerous

I was never told of a medflight ill have to ask sunday. ik of a kid on an 85 who bought a 125 first day on a big bike thought he could make the 85 footer and stopped breathing but im pretty sure he took the ambulance and that was his fault. it is a organized track as we are pretty strict and routinely have a worked go through the pit on the 110 and check on people if its busy. the only aura I could imagine of free-for-all is when the Brazilians all go out at once in a group of 15 and ride dangerously which we cant really control wev had to tell some of them to leave. $25 this sunday 10 to dark theres a podium ride day with big sales on riding gear and bike accessories from podium power sports. there Is a few pro riders scheduled to come ride too for something to watch feel free to come down.

I was never told of a medflight ill have to ask sunday. ik of a kid on an 85 who bought a 125 first day on a big bike thought he could make the 85 footer and stopped breathing but im pretty sure he took the ambulance and that was his fault. it is a organized track as we are pretty strict and routinely have a worked go through the pit on the 110 and check on people if its busy. the only aura I could imagine of free-for-all is when the Brazilians all go out at once in a group of 15 and ride dangerously which we cant really control wev had to tell some of them to leave. $25 this sunday 10 to dark theres a podium ride day with big sales on riding gear and bike accessories from podium power sports. there Is a few pro riders scheduled to come ride too for something to watch feel free to come down.

That mightve been what it was, and ill see if I can go, if I do I probably wouldn't be watching hahaha, 25$ for all day? Ill try and go

That mightve been what it was, and ill see if I can go, if I do I probably wouldn't be watching hahaha, 25$ for all day? Ill try and go

yes weekend are 10-dark $25 and Tuesday-Friday is $20 12 to dark. this Monday should be open also since its a holiday.