Sign in to follow this  

Moving to Chico!

At long last I am moving out of the orange bubble of Newport Beach and relocating to Chico.

I don't know anyone up there and am curious about the riding, racing and 4x4 scene.

Anything you can tell me would be great! If your a local maybe we could go ride! Like I said I'm moving up and don't know a soul!

I ride everything and own a rock crawler/4x4.

I'm really excited if you can't tell!

• Like 1

At long last I am moving out of the orange bubble of Newport Beach and relocating to Chico.

I don't know anyone up there and am curious about the riding, racing and 4x4 scene.

Anything you can tell me would be great! If your a local maybe we could go ride! Like I said I'm moving up and don't know a soul!

I ride everything and own a rock crawler/4x4.

I'm really excited if you can't tell!

You'll be close to Stony/MiddleCreek/Chappie for Riding.....for crawling, the Rubicon will only be  couple hours away

Good luck, I went to Chico State. Beautiful countryside, that's about it.

I'm 29 and have already done the college/drinking thing.

Is there really not much riding up there?

Hard to believe with all the open space....

There is a fair amount of riding up there, but you will actually be surprised how few and far between they are up there. I definitely believe I would enjoy it up there much more now that I am past the college and drinking thing as well, the people are in general quite friendly. However, just be prepared for it be a huge change coming from Southern California, especially Orange County. What specifically is your reason for moving up there if you don't mind me asking?

You're headed to the wrong state if you're looking for unlimited riding opportunities!

Oh, and my wife would define NPB to Chico as something akin to full on suicide, but that's just her.... :lol:  :lol:

Tons and tons of riding...hook up with locals. Do some trail work..they will show you the way.

Chico is pretty sketchy town they have sprinkled the section 8 housing and lowlifes around. Be careful where you choose to live.

• Like 1

Tons and tons of riding...hook up with locals. Do some trail work..they will show you the way.

Chico is pretty sketchy town they have sprinkled the section 8 housing and lowlifes around. Be careful where you choose to live.

Ditto. Lots of stolen property when I lived there. Probably what contributed to me disliking the place so much. It's not what it used to be.

I grew up in Laguna/Newport then moved north onto horse ranches.

I learned that I am not a city person and enjoy country life significantly more. Throw in the fact that I never go to the beach even though I literally live 200ft away.... It's not for me.

Settled on Chico as that is where the future wife is from.

I'm just tired of the people, the traffic, the city, the attitudes, etc. I never planed on moving back here, it just so happened that way.

Not a very social person either, so it's not like I'm leaving a ton of friends.

It's just time for change!

• Like 1

I grew up in Laguna/Newport then moved north onto horse ranches.

I learned that I am not a city person and enjoy country life significantly more. Throw in the fact that I never go to the beach even though I literally live 200ft away.... It's not for me.

Settled on Chico as that is where the future wife is from.

I'm just tired of the people, the traffic, the city, the attitudes, etc. I never planed on moving back here, it just so happened that way.

Not a very social person either, so it's not like I'm leaving a ton of friends.

It's just time for change!

Chico is my old hometown. Moved away in '92, but still have alot of family there. It's what you would expect from a University town. I'm glad I dont live there anymore. But, I'm not far away. I'm always looking for riding buddies  and there is plenty within 2 hours of chico. P.M me and I can show you some. Riding season is a'comin!

Oh, and if you got a crawler check out the High lakes OHV area.

Edited by prplhzei.t200
  • Like 1

I live in the foothills outside Chico.  There is plenty of riding here!!  Now I know why I have never seen anybody out here!!  Nobody has mentioned any of my riding areas. If you want, message me......now keep quiet...lol