Sign in to follow this  

Build my Bike!

Ok everyone this winter im going to rebuild my bike. Its an 05' Crf450r. I want you to post a part or a couple parts and a pic and the price. I want handling, reduced arm pump, performance and reliability, and of course looks.

total rebuild? or just easy bolt ones, do you race mx, or just ride offroad?

For vibration no matter where you ride, Fill the frame spars with spray foam (low expanding window &door foam)

fill handle bars with spray foam

total rebuild? or just easy bolt ones, do you race mx, or just ride offroad?

For vibration no matter where you ride, Fill the frame spars with spray foam (low expanding window &door foam)

fill handle bars with spray foam

??? Really???

Very common trick, Any hollow space can be filled with spray foam, cancels out alot of vibration before it even hits the bars. Filling the bars helps even more.

I don't know about the foam spray. First I have heard of it.... . The frames aren't as hollow as one might think.....I've seen a few various frames cut and there is alot of cross sections in there...If they are hollow, all I really see it doing is adding a bunch of weight....

Done it on snowmobiles, dirt bikes. 2 strokes need it more than 4 strokes. Aluminum frames more than steel frames.  It adds a few oz of weight, its nothing. Peoples billet hubs, excel a60s or billet brake pedals add more weight than a few squirts of foam.

Power of google. Look it up, it works.

Done it on snowmobiles, dirt bikes. 2 strokes need it more than 4 strokes. Aluminum frames more than steel frames. It adds a few oz of weight, its nothing. Peoples billet hubs, excel a60s or billet brake pedals add more weight than a few squirts of foam.

Power of google. Look it up, it works.

I found one post regarding getting a GXSer. I'm calling BS on this one....

I found one post regarding getting a GXSer. I'm calling BS on this one....

The only people who say it doesn't work are the ones who haven't tried it. A gsxr has a 4 cylinder motor that barely shakes. He noticed no difference because there is no vibration to kill.

post #'s all of these are people who have tried it and said it works.

26 (team green used it in kx500 bars and frames)

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/590549-filling-handlebars-with-foam-and-a-killswich-question/

Want to lose arm pump and have the bike ride better?

Get your suspension set for your weight and then ride

I have an 04 crf450 and in stock form was capable of holeshots in the intermediate class. Being that your a beginner, don't waste your money on parts that aren't needed. Ride the bike and have fun.

Obviously if your "rebuild" is fixing worn out parts then by all means do that. But the bike is plenty fast.

Justin