Sign in to follow this  

warming up my crf

few minutes tops. Let it idle, check the temp of the rads with your hands. Once quite warm to the touch and you are good to go.

I see a lot of people at our Hare scramble races fire the motor up and hold it on the rev limiter.. Don't ever do anything like that. That is just begging for trouble.

Start it up and let it idle. Get it off the choke as soon as possible. Give it 2-3 minutes and check the radiators. Once the radiators are warm to the touch, you can go. I always take it easy for the first few minutes of ride time to let everything come up to temp before hammering on it. 

The R's will usually build quite a bit of heat pretty quickly.

I see a lot of people at our Hare scramble races fire the motor up and hold it on the rev limiter.. Don't ever do anything like that. That is just begging for trouble.

Start it up and let it idle. Get it off the choke as soon as possible. Give it 2-3 minutes and check the radiators. Once the radiators are warm to the touch, you can go. I always take it easy for the first few minutes of ride time to let everything come up to temp before hammering on it.

The R's will usually build quite a bit of heat pretty quickly.

ok thanks heaps!

First time of the day I usually try and start it before I have put my jersey, chest protector, helmet and gloves/goggles on. The time it takes to put that stuff on isn't long but is long enough to build sufficient metals and oil heat that you can ride off in the lower rpm ranges for a few minutes. Then, let her rip!