Sign in to follow this  

FMF 4.1 vs Yoshimura RS-4D.. 2013 CRF250R

Looking to get a new exhaust system. Looking for something to give alot of bottom For Supercross/Arenacross style of tracks. Trying to choose between FMF 4.1 with MegaBomb or Yoshimura RS4D, heard good things about both of them. Cant decide.. Help?

Looking to get a new exhaust system. Looking for something to give alot of bottom For Supercross/Arenacross style of tracks. Trying to choose between FMF 4.1 with MegaBomb or Yoshimura RS4D, heard good things about both of them. Cant decide.. Help?

Fmf 4.1 looks nice and sounds great!
  • Like 1

Have used both pipes on my son's 250F's, have been using exclusively FMF since last year due to their awesome support and the fact that the FMF performs a little better than the Yoshi on his bikes. The FMF is great and they have been great.  The Yoshi is really good also, we have always run either the Yoshi or FMF, FMF and Yoshi are the cream of the crop for the Honda CRF250, but Yoshi pipes are are more expensive and their support was not near what FMF has been.

Both pipes sound real good, the FMF is quieter than the Yoshi, without inserts the Yoshi was pretty loud but still sounded great.  The FMF has thinner Ti tubing in the header and, if I remember correctly, larger diameter and is more susceptible to dings from rocks.  The Yoshi had some minor issues with brackets where it bolts to frame cracking.  For the full Ti pipe, the FMF retails for about $200 less than the Yoshi.

I would go with the FMF but, if you are interested pm me, I may have a used RS4D Ti pipe for the CRF250.

Edited by gyd
  • Like 1

& fmf systems on different bikes I have owned and counting. Ive tried alot of other systems. And i still run fmf