Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Does training with RV help you

Never got to the podium yet #12 finishes 6th in points for the year. 

He had a strong finish for the year 4th at Unadilla and at Lake Elsinore.

Finished ahead of Grant and Alessi (they missed a few races).

Does this pack rider benefit a lot from training with RV and can this help him take a podium spot in either SX or MX.

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000151735/features/jake-weimer-strong-finish/

Wiener ain't pulling his weight.. he's lucky he had a 2 year deal or I'm sure he would have been cut.

Obviously not... or he would have been progressing by now. His results have not gotten any better. Weimer better step it up or someone like Baggett will have his ride before long.

I think it is the other way around. RV made sure Kawi resigned Weimer because he helps HIM be a faster rider. I don't know why, but it works for him.

I'm sure it definitely helps Weimer too. I know it helps AC also. He said he drops in behind RV and tried to keep up.

I think it is the other way around. RV made sure Kawi resigned Weimer because he helps HIM be a faster rider. I don't know why, but it works for him.

I'm sure it definitely helps Weimer too. I know it helps AC also. He said he drops in behind RV and tried to keep up.

So did everyone else.

• Like 2

I don't think it helps Jake

RV does nothing but prove how slow Jake is week after week. RVs the boss of that crew and Jake has accepted the subordinate roll

• Like 2

Well, I read the article...JW said that he doesn't train with RV anymore because what he was doing wasn't really working. I'm curious, why ask our opinion?  :excuseme:  But since you did - I don't think it could hurt. As with almost every sport, if you practice against/with someone that is at a higher level, there's bound to be some gains made. Looks like he found a new recipe though - recent results as evidence.

Maybe the real question should be, "Does training with Jake Weimer hurt you ?"

RV seems to have gotten faster since they split up.

Well, I read the article...JW said that he doesn't train with RV anymore because what he was doing wasn't really working. I'm curious, why ask our opinion?  :excuseme:  But since you did - I don't think it could hurt. As with almost every sport, if you practice against/with someone that is at a higher level, there's bound to be some gains made. Looks like he found a new recipe though - recent results as evidence.

He's said it can be "really tough" and "difficult" sometimes when RV is on the level he's on and Jake himself is on such a low point. He said it's hard to feel good about yourself when you're riding with a guy like RV. (he said this a couple of weeks ago on dmxs radio)

Jake is pretty "emo", and seems to have zero self confidence, add that with a guy like RV who likes to joke around and can probably be ruthless at times, things can probably get hard.  So it seems like he's searching for something different and hoping it can help. Sometimes change is good, sometimes it's not. Plus his new wife is a cali chick and i'am sure she doesn't like living in a small apartment in smalltown Florida when her home and friends are back in Cali, so i'am sure that has something to do with it also. If you really want tot get into conspiracy theories, the last time he had a huge slump it had to do with issues with his girlfriend/wife, he himself has mentioned this in 2012. 

Edited by Racer_ex

Maybe the real question should be, "Does training with Jake Weimer hurt you ?"

RV seems to have gotten faster since they split up.

Why does Weimer have a factory ride?? Nice guy but he deserves a support ride not a seat in the factory rig

Why does Weimer have a factory ride?? Nice guy but he deserves a support ride not a seat in the factory rig

I think RV had a lot to do with that. And why not? He knows Jake will never be on his level, he's been friends with him since amateur days, plus he's cheaper, so they don't have to pay a huge contract and they make their star rider happy. Have a friend on the team that's not a threat and easy on the bank account, sounds like a win win. 

When Weimer moved up he was not real excited about it along with Rattletrey and Wilson. Imo Kawis got 3 that don t really want to be on 450 s but they are not the only ones. Maybe RV tried to help JW and figured its more mental than talent. JW does seem to have the winnies and sits around the Kawi rig like somebody killed his hamster

Looks like you're wrong...

While I find your post very insightful and full of pertinent information, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

While I find your post very insightful and full of pertinent information, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

and weimer

Because RV wants him there and Kawi will do anything to make RV happy. 

Riding with someone who is faster helps, but if youre not willing to hang it out there and follow him after he passes you, its pointless.

Hes not there because RV wants him there, hes there because he is a hell of a test rider.

Edited by 2uptite