Yuasa YTZ10S

What makes the Yuasa worth $166.21? I hear they make a good battery but really? $166 for a motorcycle battery is over the top.

Supply and demand.

What makes the Yuasa worth $166.21? I hear they make a good battery but really? $166 for a motorcycle battery is over the top.

Nothing

http://www.amazon.com/Yuasa-YUAM7210A-YTZ10S-Battery/dp/B000WJYZFA

But remember, how it is put into service has a big part in the battery's longevity. 

So you may find it cheaper online.. but a getting it set up is not something you can do at all with a tender, or well with a basic home style charger..

A shop with a Christie charger is what you want for the initial setup.

Or spend that $$$ on Lithium Iron Phosphate  battery

+1 on the Lithium

I have my year old Yuasa I will sell you, I replaced it because I thought it was bad, it ended up being a combination of things, I just paid like $125 or so for it from the dealer, I bought a new battery from Cycle Gear with lifetime warranty but I charge the Yuasa up once a month and it seems to hold a charge just fine, again, it is only a little over a year old, PM if you to buy it, just sitting in the garage anyway

I had a bad rectifier, battery wiring (too many farkles/relays) and stator so the battery was never charged properly when riding, I was only getting maybe 12.5 to 13 volts at the battery, with the new parts I get 14.5

again, the battery was not the issue but I need to get rid of it, heck it is probably hazmat to ship it since it has acid in it