Cr FMF pipe

Is it bad for the bike to run it without packing because it sounds good? Will it hurt the bike in any way

You will loose power.. especially top end.. get a pc silencer theyre 118 bucks. or cut yours shorter...

What do u mean cut mine

Thanks

1. Yes it is bad.

2.  It doesn't sound better, just more annoying than it needs to be.

Don't be a goon...

I'm not trying to be a goon I was just curious. Don't be such a smart ass!

I'm not trying to be a goon I was just curious. Don't be such a smart ass!

14yrs old,22 posts,a bad attitude,and 1 dumb question, I think he's getting started off on the wrong foot!

Well than it was one "dumb" question that I just wanted to know the answer to!

And I don't have an attitude I simply don't need to be treated like a retard because I'm not!

Still a little too early to tell.

And I don't have an attitude I simply don't need to be treated like a retard because I'm not!

You aren't getting on anyone's good side, or gaining respect calling people names..

Hey JI,

It's okay that you ask questions but we all should spend a fair amount of time searching out our answers on TT before posting. I've got a few years on you (was I ever 14?) and am guilty of throwing up a quick post or two myself! Your at a great age to soak up tons of bike knowledge and abilities so enjoy this time. Hopefully you've got someone like Dad, uncle, etc to ride with and teach you too.

Loud pipes do nothing but hurt our sport. you may think its cool but it has a huge negative effect! Now's the perfect time to be concerned for your riding future. Help keep your riding areas open whether it be Moto or trails as we're being attacked on all fronts! Ride responsibly and have fun.

Oh and stay in school because we're all critics and can form a quick opinion about someone who uses improper words like "breaks" and "frount". :-)

It will lose power and sound terrible. Use pink insulation like they insulate houses with. Ive been using it for years.

do you have a picture of that house insulation?

found it. how long do they last?

5 minutes if you are a good rider and hold it to the stops. It breaks down from the heat, it's designed for lower temps than a 2 stroke runs at.

i aint packing that material in mine. ill move along now.

besides. the OP is not being rude. read the post guys. KC davis called him a goon first. he was just reacting.

runnig silencer without packing or worn out packing is bad for performace and your engine. its also noisy. keep it packed tight with new packing material and change every 20 Hours.