1994 kx 250 project

After reading all of the project build on here for hours I decided to make my own account and share my projects. Well this 94 is my current project that I picked up for $380 running. Here in the past couple of days I have been watching videos and reading forums on how to polish aluminum parts so anything that is aluminum on this bike will probably get polished. I'm also looking for some parts so just let me know what you have. The bike also came with an extra fmf gnarly pipe that look 100 times better than the pipe on the bike so I'll be slapping that thing on there.

Here she is

photo 1 (1).JPG

photo 1 (2).JPG

Looks like the mounts need adjusted

photo 1 (3).JPG

photo 2 (1).JPG

photo 2 (2).JPG

The plug wire has some great connection haha

photo 2 (3).JPG

photo 2 (4).JPG

photo 2 (6).JPG

Heck of a project. That chain looks like it lost its life a long time ago. What it the metal thing above the stator cover? You have something fun looking to bring back.

The metal thing is a rig job the guy did to hold the clutch cable in place because the piece that was supposed to be there broke off. It looks ugly but the only way to fix it the right way is buy a left side case. Any suggestions? 

Can't wait to see the project in its final state, ganna be a few buck's and alot of work too. Good luck man! :D

Yeah no kidding and thanks I'm gonna need it.

The metal thing is a rig job the guy did to hold the clutch cable in place because the piece that was supposed to be there broke off. It looks ugly but the only way to fix it the right way is buy a left side case. Any suggestions?]

I made a bracket similar to a Honda bracket. Mine was snapped off as well. Once I knew it was going to work, I ground mine off all the way.

IMAG0288.jpg

• 2 weeks later...