Kx100 vs crf150rb for adault rider?

I am looking for a fun bike to mess around on when im not on my yz250. Im 5'9 and weigh 180. I would use this bike to use at the track sometimes, and ride around my house. I do not mind the maintenance of the 150. What bike would haul me around the best? I ride mostly softer tracks. Thanks

I am looking for a fun bike to mess around on when im not on my yz250. Im 5'9 and weigh 180. I would use this bike to use at the track sometimes, and ride around my house. I do not mind the maintenance of the 150. What bike would haul me around the best? I ride mostly softer tracks. Thanks

the kx100 would definatly work the best. Plus there power to weight ratio is great.

The 150rb it will haul and pull you around on trails and track but you may or may not like the fourstroke power since your used to two but I think once you get a four you will prefer it

Its a no brainer the KX100 but a YZ 125 would be great too!!!!

I think either would be a poor choice for an adult to ride on a track.  The cockpit is just too small for someone 5' 8" and your weight is too much for the bike. I'm 5' 11' and have to ride way back in the seat or splay out my legs really wide when turning.   For screwing around on your property, they might work.

given that it would be a second 'play' bike, the KX100 can be had for much cheaper than the CRF150RB (at least here in Colorado).  I picked up an '09 KX100 3 years ago for $1600 for my daughter.  Comparable CRF150RB's were selling for $2600-$3000....made my choice easy.  I am still seeing the CRF150RBs listed on Craigslist at $2000+

Edited by SilvFx

150's are a bit more money but great bikes. My buddy had one and just sold it for 2200, paid 1500 in mint condition. The deals are out there my friends.

150's are a bit more money but great bikes. My buddy had one and just sold it for 2200, paid 1500 in mint condition. The deals are out there my friends.

at least someone understands that kx 100s are just bored out big wheel kx 85s and the crf150rs still win while racing against them. Just because of the torque and power flow of a fourstroke. Also kawasaki has a huge reputation for cheap crappy engines. Unless you are a professional at engines or can afford rebuilds all the time you should not go with kawasaki. Get the honda because it is a fourstroke. And honda has a great reputation for reliability. Good luck