Sign in to follow this  

Officially Sold the YZ..... Got parts for sale now...

Well, it's official. The 08 YZ 125 is gone and replaced with a 2012 Husky CR 125/144. I kind of hated to see it go since it was so short lived in my garage. I have a feeling that my next Yamaha 2 stroke will be a 2025 YZ 150..... :thumbsup:

The dude drove FIVE HOURS to buy my bike. From the opposite end of Ohio to West. PA. Never heard of someone that committed to buying a bike. Good dude- hope it all works out for him. Now I'm trying to sell some clutch parts, wheelset, and shock linkage bearings to get parts/black plastic for my Husky.

I'll still be lurking around the Yamaha 2 stroke forum though - you'll see me around! Still love the YZ - very solid bike.

• Like 1

I thought about doing the same thing a while back. Saw new husky 144's for like $4000 when they were doing that sale, but I was worried about resale with them being bought by ktm and merged back with husaberg I didn't know if this generation bike would be anything like the next. You should have swapped the YZ suspension for the husky's as they both have KYB stuff, but the husky's is an older generation.

I thought about doing the same thing a while back. Saw new husky 144's for like $4000 when they were doing that sale, but I was worried about resale with them being bought by ktm and merged back with husaberg I didn't know if this generation bike would be anything like the next. You should have swapped the YZ suspension for the husky's as they both have KYB stuff, but the husky's is an older generation.

I'm not too concerned with resale. I think I'll have the bike for a long time :) the KYB suspension is the same as yamaha, but husky didn't valve it as well. the husky is actually valved closer to my weight than the yz was, previous owner was 120 lbs.

I was particularly drawn to the big bore 165 option. Heard its awesome for trails on the 125s short wheelbase

^^^ That's just funny,,,,and I needed a good LOL today !!! :rolleyes:  :lol:  

• Like 1

Well, it's official. The 08 YZ 125 is gone and replaced with a 2012 Husky CR 125/144. I kind of hated to see it go since it was so short lived in my garage. I have a feeling that my next Yamaha 2 stroke will be a 2025 YZ 150..... :thumbsup:

The dude drove FIVE HOURS to buy my bike. From the opposite end of Ohio to West. PA. Never heard of someone that committed to buying a bike. Good dude- hope it all works out for him. Now I'm trying to sell some clutch parts, wheelset, and shock linkage bearings to get parts/black plastic for my Husky.

I'll still be lurking around the Yamaha 2 stroke forum though - you'll see me around! Still love the YZ - very solid bike.

is it the stock wheel set? excels right? 

is it the stock wheel set? excels right?

Yes. They have rotors and sprocket too.