rmx250 spits out gas and float is stuck

hi i just bought a 93 rmx 250 for 400 the guy i bought it from had absolutely no time to fix. So anyways iput fresh gas and oil in it and it would not start. I pulled the carb off and cleaned the jets then i noticed the float was stuck. The carb was terrible and the whole bottom of the gas tank had some sort of dirt in it. i flushed the tank out and it is now clean i put the carb back on and started it. it fired up but the float got stuck which caused the bike to rev up on its own. it sounded like gave it full throttle and iwasnt even touching the throttle then for some reason it would not shut off. it idols sometimes but then it starts to rev up on its own after idolsing for a few minutes and when it revs up it spits out gas out of the fuel line and carb and at that point it wont shut off so ihave to let it die out on its own. what could be the problem ? should i just get a new carb for it?

The float has nothing to do with run-away idle. That is an air leak, usually at the crank seal.

You need to rebuild your carb with new jets, orings, float needle, float seat.

thanks, where do you recommend too find parts for the rmx? i looked at a few sites but the parts are hard to come by

thanks, where do you recommend too find parts for the rmx? i looked at a few sites but the parts are hard to come by

Look up the model number of the carb, and then search for parts by the carb model, not the bike model.

If all else fails, you can get any carb part from SUDCO, but they will charge you more.

The float has nothing to do with run-away idle. That is an air leak, usually at the crank seal.

You need to rebuild your carb with new jets, orings, float needle, float seat.

Strange it is a suzuki, thought it would be one of those KTM that you bash for being so sub par.

Find the source of your air leak first. Could be a cracked/ misfit intake boot or the ignition side crank seal. Base gasket is also a possibility, but doubtful.

If it runs away from you again put the choke on to enrich the mixture to kill it.

thanks appreciate it for what i paid for the bike it was definately worth and i want to get it running right even if i have to drop a little money i had it idleing last night than i adjusted the idle screw and it seemed idle a bit longer then thd idle started to runaway and started spittin out gas the kill switch wouldnt work so i turned the choke on to kill it. So anyways i removed the carb and once again the float was all gummed up i checked for any leaks on the crank seal and didnt find any, i feel like the carb is missing something should it have a gasket around the bowl? just dont seem right to me not very familiar with the rmx very oldschool, the guy who i bought it off of also kept a log of the bike in a notebook of eithe work that has been done or needs to be done he put a smaller main jet in it which prett sure 150 is what you wanna run in this bike. he recessed pilot jet and he wrote that he moved needle 5 grooves 1/4 -3/4 and he moved clip up a groove raised cup and lowered the needle.

When running blow some propane with a torch (unlit) around the intake, base, and LH crank seal. Listen for a change in idle. If you get a change in idle you've found the location of your air leak.