2002 YZ250 bogs at full throttle

I need some help.  Rebuilt top end, just rebuilt entire carb.  Rides great at low (1/4 -1/2) throttle.  Once you pin it it stumbles and bogs right down.  Not an issue for me because I never ride wide out, but would like to get it figured out.  Stock rebuild kit, bike has aftermarket fatty pipe. Inputs please.

Bogs down like its drowning I guess. I tried to attach a video here to no avail. Stock rebuild with 178 main jet, 50 pilot, clip set at 2 per fact specs. I just found a rec online by fmf saying the stock jets are fine, also advised clip at third. I cant imagine it would run that poorly from just that though.

• 5 years later...

Feels like up top it starts running rich due to a suspected ignition problem, besides high rpm bog/sputter it runs good, plenty of low end torque and fires right up every time, we just got the bike last week and ended up having to rebuild transmission, also put a new top end too (piston is installed correctly). We suspect the ignition coil might be the problem since the previous owner had the spark plug wire repaired it looks terrible. We didn't inspect the reeds hard, we'll check those after ignition coil. I'll update you on what happens.

Edited by BrandonCR125

• 2 years later...