Sign in to follow this  

Foot Pegs

Does anyone know if there is a convertible foot peg that will fit the CRF250L? You know, a peg with a removable rubber insert like the Solo-Moto pegs for the 1200 GS? The stock pegs are tearing up the bottom of left street boot. I have moto-boots and they hold up fine but I don't wear those on the street. I wear Tourmaster waterproof boots.

Thanks,

Larry

maybe you can make some inserts out of an old tire ?  

I think we have a mounting hole in the stock pegs ... 

sounds like a job for the positronator  !!! ......   :lol:

• Like 1

Good idea. Some thick rubber, cut to size, drill one or two holes for mounting/clamping bolts, counterbore the holes, use low head bolts,...

Good idea. Some thick rubber, cut to size, drill one or two holes for mounting/clamping bolts, counterbore the holes, use low head bolts,...

and maybe a thin plate underneath for support  !!! 

yeah, that's the best. Better than trying to cut and shape rubber, especially tyre rubber, and it would raise the height too much. Find a bicycle tube that fits, use two layers. Grind down the sharp points.

• Like 1

yeah, that's the best. Better than trying to cut and shape rubber, especially tyre rubber, and it would raise the height too much. Find a bicycle tube that fits, use two layers. Grind down the sharp points.

I don't think you want to grind the grippers off .... just a simple slip cover to protect your "Nice" shoes when needed but, I would still want good grip for the trails !!! 

Edited by gnath9

I just looked under my left boot and wouldn't you know it all chewed up.. not cool! :(

hahaha .... you just made me look under my left shoe as well   :lol:

Nope ... not a mark ... I wear Fox sneakers and I must say ... these are the best dang pair of shoes I have ever had .... no Kidding. 

I bought them just cuz I wanted to look cool ....   :p  got my boy a pair too so he could look cool at school ....   :thumbsup:  and just the other day he told me that this was the longest a pair of shoes has ever lasted him ....  :prof:

2012-Fox-Racing-Lux-Shoes.jpg

• Like 2