Sign in to follow this  

Cheapest motocross bike

Well im looking at starting to ride motocross, always been a desert rider... What would be the most economical bike to buy, maintain, etc. It would have to be used, im talkin the cheapest budget mx bike option ever 125 cc class no older than 1995 hahaha

How much money you got if you have 1600 you can get a very nice condition 05 yz 125 that how much I paid for mine but if you do get a yz125 get a 05 plus the frame improvement helps a ton and If you don't have a lot of money I would just save up unless you just wanna be last place every race. JMO

How much money you got if you have 1600 you can get a very nice condition 05 yz 125 that how much I paid for mine but if you do get a yz125 get a 05 plus the frame improvement helps a ton and If you don't have a lot of money I would just save up unless you just wanna be last place every race. JMO

id like to keep it at 1k, i dont want to race i just want to learn to ride mx and have fun thats it... i really like the aluminum frame yz but i think i just might get a steel frame one to save money .

Age of the bike had nothing to do with riding ability or where a person will finish a race! I just did a fair race on a 79cr 250 and finished mid pack. And look up Jerry robins who qualified for LL on an 85 250. Just get the nicest bike you can find in your budget.

• Like 3

Age of the bike had nothing to do with riding ability or where a person will finish a race! I just did a fair race on a 79cr 250 and finished mid pack. And look up Jerry robins who qualified for LL on an 85 250. Just get the nicest bike you can find in your budget.

I remember that olde  79 Honda CR 250 power being quite explosive when on the pipe!

In that case i would borrow akpaynes bike, that is the cheapest way to go..

'99 - '01 YZ 250.   Comparable power to the new ones -- suspension is great -- leaves very little on the table compared to a new '12 or '13 and since the engine is very similar from 99- today, keeping a few spares or getting parts is no issue ----   SSS forks and triple clamps from a newer bike will bolt right up too, but if the suspension is built right, it doesn't need 'em

• Like 1

'99 - '01 YZ 250. Comparable power to the new ones -- suspension is great -- leaves very little on the table compared to a new '12 or '13 and since the engine is very similar from 99- today, keeping a few spares or getting parts is no issue ---- SSS forks and triple clamps from a newer bike will bolt right up too, but if the suspension is built right, it doesn't need 'em

I would go the same thing just a 125