Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke header

Thinking about painting my stock header. I was going to get engine paint that's rated at 500 degrees f . Should that be good enough ?

Thanks

Yeah, a little fresh paint and it will make the bike look brand new again.......Dr.D..

Fuchsia metal flake? :thinking:

Why not? I wouldn't mind some red engine block paint on my cr's pipe, it'd be different and if you didn't like it just use a wire wheel and take it off

• Like 1

Why not? I wouldn't mind some red engine block paint on my cr's pipe, it'd be different and if you didn't like it just use a wire wheel and take it off

only remember seeing a vintage Honda with a red pipe and it looked looked off.  To each their own...post pics if you do it. :)

only remember seeing a vintage Honda with a red pipe and it looked looked off. To each their own...post pics if you do it. :)

Its a good off, I love when bikes have something drastically different about them, like a painted expansion chamber, makes it different

Its a good off, I love when bikes have something drastically different about them, like a painted expansion chamber, makes it different

Just doesn't look right to me.  To me, it is like someone spray painting their bikes plastics or someone rattle canning their Honda Civic with black primer.  But I am old and set in my way I guess... those darn whipper snappers will do what they will.... I can only shake my cane from the front porch and yell obscenities. :)

Just doesn't look right to me. To me, it is like someone spray painting their bikes plastics or someone rattle canning their Honda Civic with black primer. But I am old and set in my way I guess... those darn whipper snappers will do what they will.... I can only shake my cane from the front porch and yell obscenities. :)

I can agree with the spray painted plastics & civics, god those are awful, id make the colored pipe more of a custom touch rather than a cheap spray job haha