Sign in to follow this  

Handle bar question

Hey fellow riders just a moment of your time if you will, I've bent the stock renthals on my crf450 quite a few times this summer and bent them back lol not too sure how much more they will take before snapping so I want to get some pro taper contours my question is do you have to change the bottom clamps or anything for them to fit?

So the stock bar clamps will take a 1 1/8" bar?

Are the bars you have on there 7/8 or 1 1/8? That should answer your question...

Are the bars you have on there 7/8 or 1 1/8? That should answer your question...

I honestly forget what size are on the stock 07 450s

If you go oversized I really like the renthal twinwalls, haven't bent yet, have them on my yz125 and yfz450, rolled the quad on them and didn't bend.

I like contours had em on my other bike my other problem was I never did find out what bend they were cause they where on there at time of purchase lol

Edited by Jackthomas1989

Don't even know what my bends are, they also came on the bikes, so far so good. Previous owner put pro taper triple clamps on the bike which have a cool adjustment being able to change how far out or close the bars sit.

Don't even know what my bends are, they also came on the bikes, so far so good. Previous owner put pro taper triple clamps on the bike which have a cool adjustment being able to change how far out or close the bars sit.

Right on ill have to look into em but I think I found the stock size is 7/8 for the renthals on the Hondas

To answer your question...

Stock, the bars are 7/8.  Any 7/8 bar will fit no problemo.  If you want to go to the oversized bars, you'll need adapters.

To answer your question...

Stock, the bars are 7/8. Any 7/8 bar will fit no problemo. If you want to go to the oversized bars, you'll need adapters.

Perfect thanks just thought I'd ask on here and save the trip to the parts store