New Jersey Trail Riding

So I live in Syracuse NY right now, but I'm working on a large construction project near Parsippany.  I few workers I talk to who are staying in Budd Lake claim they hear dirt bikes riding all over.  What is the deal with riding in NJ?  Are these guys just breaking the law?  I love to trail ride, and if I can legally I'd like to do so in NJ while I'm here.  Any info about NJ riding would be great!

It's true... I've been living and riding in NW Jersey for 20+ years..... Just about everywhere you go is off limits however i constantly ride (mostly state land) and never see any trucks.  I don't even think a truck would handle most of the terrian that makes up the NJ trails....  So... they have to see/catch you to bust you is what i'm saying.  Which if you're on two wheels, would be pretty difficult.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
13 hours ago, Jay fazz said:

I live on a farm in central jersey I ride on it and others riders ride on it too also ride trails by my house where I built a small track in woods. South jersey I ride mostly on sand rds trails 

Again digging up posts that are 5 years old and providing no information about legally riding in NJ, why do you insist on replying to all these old threads with the same answer constantly?

Outside of organized events (Enduro and Harescramble) and select forest land roads nothing else is legal to ride in NJ - keep giving people the wrong data and they will end up with court fees, fines and possible license infractions.  Moderators can we squash these replies for good?

I own the land and  the farm Cranbury Nj central jersey  and the woods  I let people ride on it trails in south jersey I ride on are atv trails  that we’re bulit in late 70s bc my Dad used to ride them when he was younger 

Edited by Jay fazz

22 hours ago, Jay fazz said:

I own the land and  the farm Cranbury Nj central jersey  and the woods  I let people ride on it trails in south jersey I ride on are atv trails  that we’re bulit in late 70s bc my Dad used to ride them when he was younger 

If that is the case make sure you are clear in each thread that you are inviting everyone involved to ride on your "personal" farm/property that your family owns.  Up to this point you have posted other locations that are not legal at all, just because your father rode trails in the 70's does not mean they are approved forest roads at this point for motorized vehicles.

You have no idea what is being monitored on these forums and used against the motorcycle clubs when true sanctioned events are being planned.

• Like 1