Going Tubeless?

Hey guys and gals, just wondering if anyone has tryed running no tubes. I see Chapparel sells a kit...or at least used to. I am also into mountain biking and running no tubes is lighter, you can runs your tiers with lower pressure for better traction. Just curious of any experience with moto.

If you google sealing spoked rims theres plenty of people that have come up with ways to do it. Mainly coating each spoke head with some sort of epoxy. I'm tempted to try it with bead sealant.

The one article I read on it the guy did it on his adventure bike and it slowly lost pressure and because the rim profile is different, and he impacted a rock and it blew the bead.

I have slow leaks front and rear and I use the heavy duty tubes, I have been wanting to use the Tubliss system for a while to help reduce some reciprocating wheel weight since the HD tubes dont seem to be any better anyway

they have been out for a couple of years and the idea seems sound so this is a route I want to go as well

If you go epoxy, how are you gonna adjust the spokes if needed?

I've read people use high strength 3M tape, gorilla tape or even ductape :jawdrop:  LOL

Personally I'm considering 3M high strength tape...

Lots of good info here:

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?5090-Tubeless-for-under-10-00!!!!

Ductape mod first, on page 2 or 3, people start talking about 3M tape and other choices.

Check this out:

Whatever this guys using it's pretty strong stuff, he lifts the whole wheel at 2:12min mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikKeVNBAmQQ

I have slow leaks front and rear and I use the heavy duty tubes, I have been wanting to use the Tubliss system for a while to help reduce some reciprocating wheel weight since the HD tubes dont seem to be any better anyway

they have been out for a couple of years and the idea seems sound so this is a route I want to go as well

reciprocating wheel weight ? mmm, ok, tell us how much the tubliss system weighs compared to a tube, when you get it ok ? 

I like my Tubliss systems, in both front and rear tires.

I use Ride-On in both, also.

It's expensive insurance, but I now carry no tire repair parts off-road. I like the added low pressure grip, too.

The most persistent thing about Tubliss is the constant tire maintenance, to maintain the inner bladder pressure.  It leakes enough to require service once a week.

I like my Tubliss systems, in both front and rear tires.

I use Ride-On in both, also.

It's expensive insurance, but I now carry no tire repair parts off-road. I like the added low pressure grip, too.

The most persistent thing about Tubliss is the constant tire maintenance, to maintain the inner bladder pressure.  It leakes enough to require service once a week.

I use nitrogen instead of compressed air , it seems to hold a more consistent pressure

• Like 1