Sign in to follow this  

MWXC Round9 Heavy C

Very dusty, kind of a fast track, maybe for some, but I got too tired to really hit it by the 4th lap. I placed 6th in my class, 81st overall out of 138. Very last lap hurt me bad, I felt really bad, and had to take a 5min break. I also helped a person get going, and took another 5min break. Here is the Laptimes. http://postimg.org/image/yly6pjsu9/ 

Now it was up in the 90s really dusty, I had an undershirt on to reduce irritation, which probably was a mistake. I drank tons of water the day before, and the day of the race, and during the race. but I felt like I was getting ready to fall over, then throw up, and my heart was beating pretty fast, and it wasn't during the whole race. any ideas?

Lap 1-2 More to come.

2 things .....

1) unless your going to puke or are having a heart attack, never ever ever stop!!! you can putt along in second and catch your breath while taking a rolling break and cover plenty of ground ... just stay out of the race line!! and actually stopping to puke is optional ....

2) what the story with the guy in farmer overall and the chrome fender bike!! 

sorry can't help you much on the whole heat stroke thing .. i do pretty well in the heat ....

2 things .....

1) unless your going to puke or are having a heart attack, never ever ever stop!!! you can putt along in second and catch your breath while taking a rolling break and cover plenty of ground ... just stay out of the race line!! and actually stopping to puke is optional ....

2) what the story with the guy in farmer overall and the chrome fender bike!! 

sorry can't help you much on the whole heat stroke thing .. i do pretty well in the heat ....

1: If I didn't stop, would have passed out, going 10-20mph, does that sound like a good idea? I felt like I was going to puke, plus even if I kept going, I would have still been in 6th place. when you watch my last lap(7) you will see I am already going slow, and where I stop, it is not in the way of anybody, so I don't know why you are screaming about that. I had to stop, no question about it, I will work on my cardio more. also I had an extra undershirt to reduce irritation, I won't be wearing that when its that hot, I was doing perfect for the first 1 1/2hr of the race, I pushed myself lap 6, and got too tired, and had to take a break.

don't have a story for the old guy, he either spectates, or races. mid 70 maybe, rides a early 70s hodaka 125 wombat. pretty hardcore.

It sounds like you may have drank TOO much water in too short a time. Start hydrating  early in the week. It takes time for your body to hydrate properly. And relax, it looked like you were totally out of control. Smooth is fast!

Edited by YHGEORGE