Lake Arrowhead- BIG trailer ok?

California

Has anyone been up to Pinnacles staging area in a big trailer?  My friend has a 39' trailer giving him an overall length of 56'.  He heard that there is a turn or two getting up there that would be difficult at best.  Anyone have any input?

Every year Yamaha hauls a full size 18 wheeler into Pinnacles to show off their bikes.

Just depends on your driving skills. 

I have towed my 18ft th up there a few times. It's not that bad . But not that fun. Some really tight turns . Your friend better have mad skills being that long.

In my younger years I took a 53' trailer and huge KW conventional sleeper up to snow summit via 330 and it SUCKED. I drive for a living and can't get the concept of why someone would want to purchase and haul a huge toy trailer up to the mountains for a "pleasure trip". What ever happened to pickup and a tent or a short (less than 20') trailer?

Your choice of course. Just remember the out jutting rock formations and small ditches on your right that will peel the side of the trailer off. You will have to cross into oncoming traffic to avoid them. It's doable but a tough climb. When you come down that's when it gets hairy. Make sure you dump all the freash/grey water in your tanks to lighten the load for safe decent.

A 39' trailer behind a pickup will be pretty challenging for mountain climbing.

I have towed my 18ft th up there a few times. It's not that bad . But not that fun. Some really tight turns . Your friend better have mad skills being that long.

IMO, 16'- 18' is the perfect size for camping and reasonable travel pleasure. 

Dump your gray/black water on the road while driving

Dump in camp.

Dump in camp.

On your porch.

Truck and tent for me still.

Truck and tent for me still.

Tent porch is what I meant.  Even camping you can still be civilized. :thumbsup: