Street forks for Xl600

Cheers guys. There seem to be lots of offroad fork conversion options for the old Holda XL/XR´s.

However I only ever ride my bike on the road, and would like to know if there is any fork assemblies from road bikes that might be an easy fit to an XL600r ?

Best Christian

do you just want shorter travel forks? put a spacer in yours and lower it down ,if that is what your looking for

I started to suggest that, but realized it might involve retuning the dampening rod orifices because the static suspension would be at a different point in the travel, plus less of it. Maybe not, it may ride OK, but it would depend on how much it was lowered. There are some orifices midway on the rod, but I'm not sure how much they affect suspension.

do you just want shorter travel forks? put a spacer in yours and lower it down ,if that is what your looking for

Yep I would like less travel. But I would also like a 17" front wheel and better brakes so I thought a whole different fork might be the easier way to go if I can find one

In that case, you would be better off using a different fork, IF you can get an entire front end including the brake and wheel. The XL has a lot of room lock to lock, so you shouldn't have to worry about clearance there. My favorite thing to do with a conversion idea is take measurements and spend a few hours in a motorcycle salvage yard. In lieu of that, take measurements and walk around town measuring bikes on the street. I'm joking, but you'll need to start with some numbers.

Research rake and trail and get it close or youre handling will be different. Unless you know what your doing and the changes to expect.

Having said that. Ive built some gnarly bike combos before. Any front end on any bike is my motto. I just get a whole new stem lathed and pressed in the triple. The body i wants bearings are on a completely different front ends stem. Lets just say a cbr front end has an xl stem made custom fit and the xl stem bearings are still used.