Sign in to follow this  

What's the longest you've gone without riding?

Last time I was able to ride was back on June 15th!! Next time to have a chance won't be until Sept 14th!!  It's driving me nuts but there's not much I can do.....

My work schedule only has me off 2 weekends a month, I refuse to ride alone and my riding buddy has had bike issues... Not to mention I had a major repair on my tranny a month ago and don't go want to go alone just in case something happens..... Sorry for the rants, but I gotta let it out somewhere!!! LOL

Haven't ridden since June 22 when I destroyed my shoulder and not allowed again till hopefully December at the latest. To make matters worse I have a pretty much brand new 08 yz250f sitting in the garage I bought after I got hurt and had just put a new shock spring an fuel screw and a few other odds and ends on my old bike and when I got hurt it was my first ride out on em!

I stop riding in Near the end of November to the beginning of June everyyear due to the winter.

Yes, there's something called...."WINTER".  I happens pretty much every year.  Depending on the year, it starts in November and lasts until April or May. Ya see OP, there's snow and ice and below zero temps.  Do the math and it's 5 or 6 months, depending on the year.  I don't do snow riding of any kind.  Snow machines are gone.  Having said all that, it's not as bad as it sounds.  I do all my rebuilding, major repairs, order parts for the coming year and do house projects that I know I won't touch when summer gets here.   

21 years...that's when I bought my first bike. About 2 years break since then due to my location and no one I knew rode. Suckfest.

15 years.

Got married and my bike went away, got unmarried and now it's back.

I think I'll stay unmarried

• Like 3

Havent ridden since Dec 31.

Good thing is that were planned to go riding on the 16th of September, so im more than exited.

During the summer I usually don't ride much....too hot

Winter is where it's at around here

Idk i havent had a really long break from riding ever really i love it so much and i make it work to get out at least once a month if im just swamped which rarely happens most of the time i can do 4-6 times a month on average with a peak of 8.  Twice a week i find perfect as you dont lose the touch or feeling.  For example,  if i havent ridden in 2 weeks it takes half a day to get back confidence wise back to where i was, but to answer your question I would think that the most i ever take off is when i get hurt and when there is snow ( which is a lot in colorado).  Longest had to be 4 months when i broke my back.

Longest I went without ridding dirt was about 10 years. To fill the void I had a street bike then had a dream one night and started hunting for a bike and have had both ever since. Now I am in the same situation as you never have time off of work to ride. Last time I rode was around April. Luckily in TX I'm able to ride year round if I can just get off work.

Summer for me too. It's too hot. I look forward to winter.

Edited by D-rek07

Yes, there's something called...."WINTER".  I happens pretty much every year.  Depending on the year, it starts in November and lasts until April or May. Ya see OP, there's snow and ice and below zero temps.  Do the math and it's 5 or 6 months, depending on the year.  I don't do snow riding of any kind.  Snow machines are gone.  Having said all that, it's not as bad as it sounds.  I do all my rebuilding, major repairs, order parts for the coming year and do house projects that I know I won't touch when summer gets here.

i know winter, i live in canada and i snowboard during the winter so i obviously i know when winter is. Stupid

i know winter, i live in canada and i snowboard during the winter so i obviously i know when winter is. Stupid

I was addressing my comment to the OP, Holeshot.  Yes, I saw where you're from and I think our winters are about the same duration.

We haven't had much snow the last two years, so it's almost been year round minus Dec & Jan  because fourteen degrees is just a little to cold. Man, I just took a month off because my elbow, hands and foot we're hurting pretty good, and because it's been a million degrees out when I get home from work.  Back at it now though and feeling pretty good. I think it's good to just take some time off to heal up once in a while. I actually feel like I'm riding better now.