Is this normal spacer wear?

Is this normal and should I be looking to get a new one?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377794102.918101.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377794119.041483.jpg

Looks normal to me.

I changed mine after about 1000miles to a set of stainless ones,

Looks normal to me.

I changed mine after about 1000miles to a set of stainless ones,

how are they holding up?

It seems a little excessive to me, the seal will not stand up to high powered water splashes and dust as it should for much longer.

How many hours/miles on that spacer and do you ride a lot of mud or anything unusual?

I have a lot of miles in this spacer haven't changed it since I've had the bike since 08 and yes I have a problem with water and mud every time I see it I have to go through it. You think it needs to be changed ?

I have a lot of miles in this spacer haven't changed it since I've had the bike since 08 and yes I have a problem with water and mud every time I see it I have to go through it. You think it needs to be changed ?

I would change it for my peace of mind especially if you will continually be exposing it to water and mud. Maybe ride it until the bearings have to be replaced and then just do the spacers as well. Stainless won't be a bad idea and if you don't already do it, put fresh waterproof (belray) grease in the seal with every other oil change or so.

Yes and Yes

Your a candidate for Stainless steel spacers or sleeves. 

Thanks for the quick replies guys

Yes and Yes

Your a candidate for Stainless steel spacers or sleeves.

what are sleeves?

what are sleeves?

If your a tinker there are stainless steel repair sleeves made to repair a bearing or seal surface that can be fitted.

But unless you can do the resourcing and work your self, just get some spacers

If your a tinker there are stainless steel repair sleeves made to repair a bearing or seal surface that can be fitted.

But unless you can do the resourcing and work your self, just get some spacers

ha yea I think I'll stick to buying spacers