New to central IL - searching for mx tracks

Illinois

Hello,

I'm new to central IL & looking for places to ride mx (tracks, not necessarily trails.)  So far I've visited Joliet and Crossroads and both places looked pretty good.

If anyone has any suggestions or wants to meet up and ride, let me know!  I won't be turning pro anytime soon, but still love riding & visiting new tracks!

Thanks!

There is a place called fox valley I go ride sometimes. It's mainly trail riding but they have a decent mx track,nothing special.

Thanks for the quick reply and suggestion!  Are you going out there for the holiday weekend?  I was thinking of going to Joliet over the weekend if the weather cooperates.

What kind of bike do you have firechicken?

Thanks for the link!  I am still finding new places daily since moving here & would also like to find someone to meet up and ride with!  

I will try to avoid the "I like long walks on the beach" joke, but I would like to find a few people to ride with who go out to tracks on a regular basis.

My wife and I just moved here so she can go to the University of Illinois, so maybe there are some other motocrossers who just moved to IL as well or some local riders who have a few favorite spots.

I'm actually going to Kentucky for the holiday. I kinda new to the dirt bike thing I picked up an 02 yz 250 a few months ago. I rode a bike a little as a kid but I'm really a quad guy. My buddy and I may go next weekend. We also go to a place called the cliffs. I think they have a track but the last time we were there it rained so we didn't get to ride much. If we go ill hit u up

North of you you have Byron, Kai and Sunset Ridge. All great tracks.

Although I didn't get a chance to go ride on Monday 9/2, I was able to visit Joliet MX on Saturday - that place was a blast!  The MX track had a fun layout and overall it was a nice facility.

I may try to go there again this coming up weekend or go to Lincoln Trail for the first time - if anyone wants to meet up or anything, please let me know!

Heading to Joliet tomorrow - look for 222 if you will be there!

Old thread but you could try out South fork dirt riders in Taylorville, its a little closer than Joliet probably, MX track is good during season (they stop grooming it and focus on hare scrambles and bogs the rest the time) and they have 300 total acres with random jumps, climbs and other stuff on property! Im from decatur so that where we usually go to dirt ride

from springfield here if anybody here wants to meet up for a ride day let me know billbanshee@Comcast.net

Old thread but you could try out South fork dirt riders in Taylorville, its a little closer than Joliet probably, MX track is good during season (they stop grooming it and focus on hare scrambles and bogs the rest the time) and they have 300 total acres with random jumps, climbs and other stuff on property! Im from decatur so that where we usually go to dirt ride

i am from u.p. of mich and i took the trip to southfork dirt riders last spring to practice and can tell you its a top notch place good track and camping along with great people running the facility and they did groom the track a little when i asked.