Sign in to follow this  

2014 350exc-f

I just got my new 350 exc-f and wont to remap it to the xcw mapping. Riding it mostly single track. My dealer said they can't do it because the ECU is locked.
What do I need to do? Buy a new ECU?
Posted this on KTM talk and hoping to get more info.

Derek
Edited by retroone

i would push the issue with the dealer. Someone on ktmtalk can give you the map# you need, give that to your dealer and tell them it IS doable, and is being done all over the US,  and to figure it out!!

i would push the issue with the dealer. Someone on ktmtalk can give you the map# you need, give that to your dealer and tell them it IS doable, and is being done all over the US,  and to figure it out!!

Good advice. I will push the issue.

When I purchased my 2013 350 EXC-F my dealer told me he could remap to the XCW but I would have to wait for them to get the programmer. I decided to go with the JD tuner instead so I could customize the settings for the ECU. I have been extremely happy with it. I also removed all the emissions. It got rid of the popping during the low throttle and I increased the power curve throughout the entire throttle positions. I ride a lot of single track in the Cascade Mountains of Washington and do not see much power loss due to altitude. I have also installed the Core EXP Rekluse and no hill however steep is an issue. 

Maybe your dealer just doesn't want to remap a street legal bike to a non street legal map? I know it gets done a lot, some bikes run terrible with the stock street legal map, the EXCs aren't too bad.

Just find another dealer or get a tuner.

They do run better with the W map and a few things removed.

My dealer remapped to Euro no charge. Needs Euro mapping to start. Also, if you ride of road, I'm in Colorado, change your sprockets.

My dealer remapped to Euro no charge. Needs Euro mapping to start. Also, if you ride of road, I'm in Colorado, change your sprockets.

What Dealer was this? PM if need to.

Thanks Derek

So my selling dealer finely will remap my ecu for $40 bucks. Thanks for the help.

Did the remap help much ? I know changing the sockets to 13-48 help a lot for off roading.

I will get it done this next week and let you know. Mine is striped of the emissions crap and the screen is still in the exhaust (quiet is nice) The gearing is 13/52  ala xcw. I ran my Husaberg 390 with the upgraded map and JB welded the screen in, loved it.

Edited by retroone
  • Like 1

Mapped now. What mapping switch will work. I still have all the oem switches (blinker/high low beam)

Thanks Derek

Mapped now. What mapping switch will work. I still have all the oem switches (blinker/high low beam)

Thanks Derek

So I go and pick up my bike and the FI light is flashing. Bikes been there a week and I was not told till I showed up. The code is for lamda missing DUH!!!!! This bike doesn't have a O2 sensor.I test ride it and the bike won't rev out. I leave the bike and tell them to remap it back. F#$cking people they could of called me (do you think) and figured something out before I showed up. I called Munn 's KTM and they laughed and said they put in the wrong map. I asked for the part Number of the S/W and he didn't remember it but I could send the ecm and get it flashed for $125.

Sorry about the rant.

Thanks Derek

So I go and pick up my bike and the FI light is flashing. Bikes been there a week and I was not told till I showed up. The code is for lamda missing DUH!!!!! This bike doesn't have a O2 sensor.I test ride it and the bike won't rev out. I leave the bike and tell them to remap it back. F#$cking people they could of called me (do you think) and figured something out before I showed up. I called Munn 's KTM and they laughed and said they put in the wrong map. I asked for the part Number of the S/W and he didn't remember it but I could send the ecm and get it flashed for $125.

Sorry about the rant.

Just got back from my shop with the same issue - apparently "non programmable", but I suspect it is an issue of not knowing what to run?

Can you offer any insights I could speak with my mechanic about, and if you were able to get the map on properly, and clear the fault lights?

thanks!