Sign in to follow this  

Fun a size too small rings?

So I got An old xr80 and the pistons top reads 50 meaning its bored out. Well my dumbass ordered standard bore rings. The rings were $30 and they won't take them back. What happens if I run standard bore rings on a larger piston? I assume it won't work and ill have to spend another $30. But will it? Any way I could just make it work?

You need .050 over rings. you could probably put the standard rings in the TT classifieds or ebay to recoup some $. Also, i think .050 is pushing the limit, no more bores on that one.

You need .050 over rings. you could probably put the standard rings in the TT classifieds or ebay to recoup some $. Also, i think .050 is pushing the limit, no more bores on that one.

so the rings wouldn't even work for a little bit

So I got An old xr80 and the pistons top reads 50 meaning its bored out. Well my dumbass ordered standard bore rings. The rings were $30 and they won't take them back. What happens if I run standard bore rings on a larger piston? I assume it won't work and ill have to spend another $30. But will it? Any way I could just make it work?

I have a 50 over piston and rings (new) for sale on ebay. Search on my user name for the description. I would gladly trade my 50 over piston and rings for a new standard size OEM piston and rings.

I have a 50 over piston and rings (new) for sale on ebay. Search on my user name for the description. I would gladly trade my 50 over piston and rings for a new standard size OEM piston and rings.

how much are you asking on there? Is it an auction or buy it now option? And depending in price I'm definitely interested in this!

I would pick them up in a heartbeat for $40 but there for a xr/crf100 not 80..

Duh! I thought I read your post, but apparently not very closely. Sorry for the false alarm.

Duh! I thought I read your post, but apparently not very closely. Sorry for the false alarm.

it's okay! Just wish I still had one of my 100s! I'd definitely buy that. $40 is a steal!