Sign in to follow this  

Front sprocket on 2013 drz

How much grinding do you have to do to put on a 16 tooth front sprocket on? It will fit but when I install the chain it hits the motor. I have 2013 DRZ 400 SM

How much grinding do you have to do to put on a 16 tooth front sprocket on? It will fit but when I install the chain it hits the motor. I have 2013 DRZ 400 SM

it shouldnt hit the motor. it might hit the chain guide. only should have to cut a little. the sprocket will make its own room. 

are you 6 foot 8in tall?

are you 6 foot 8in tall?

LOL !! I was just thinking "MAN...... Jawknee must be on drugs today - that is without doubt the most RANDOM question EVER !!" (then I saw the OP's screen name)  :lol:

• Like 1

LOL !! I was just thinking "MAN...... Jawknee must be on drugs today - that is without doubt the most RANDOM question EVER !!" (then I saw the OP's screen name)  :lol:

I have other hobbies. its guessing people's height. and asking where they live...  :lol:

• Like 2

I have other hobbies. its guessing people's height. and asking where they live...  :lol:

When ever I see a new Australian face here on TT I want to know where they are just incase they live in my town..... It would be nice to meet someone else that owned a Z to go riding with.

By the way, I'm 6'2" and live in Cairns  :p

• Like 1

When ever I see a new Australian face here on TT I want to know where they are just incase they live in my town..... It would be nice to meet someone else that owned a Z to go riding with.

By the way, I'm 6'2" and live in Cairns   :p

do you enjoy long walks on the beach?

• Like 3

it shouldnt hit the motor. it might hit the chain guide. only should have to cut a little. the sprocket will make its own room.

are you 6 foot 8in tall?

Yes 6'8 but it still doesn't fit. Wonder if it is from the sprocket I bought Sunstar

Steel Front Sprocket - 16T, Sprocket Teeth: 16, Sprocket Position: Front, Material: Steel with a 520/110 chain. Maybe a different brand sprocket?

Yes 6'8 but it still doesn't fit. Wonder if it is from the sprocket I bought Sunstar

Steel Front Sprocket - 16T, Sprocket Teeth: 16, Sprocket Position: Front, Material: Steel with a 520/110 chain. Maybe a different brand sprocket?

You need to grind about 3/32" off the chain case guards radius,It will self clearance where it contacts the swing arm rubber,I had the 16 sunstar on mine for about 200 miles, cruising wasn't bad but not enough power to pull 5th gear like it should, felt like I was always lugging it in 5th.

Went back to the 15 and dropped 1 tooth (43) on the rear and stay off the slab.

Edited by Kioti
  • Like 1