Sign in to follow this  

Getting KDX220 for woods?

Recently acquired a 07 crf450R as a first dirtbike and LOVED it, but I do mostly woods riding, so I'm thinking of trading a guy for a 2000 kdx220, been rebuilt 30 hrs ago weisco stuff, fmf gnarly pipe, new chain, sprocket ect should be good shape, also gettin a 03 xr70 that needs rings. question is the 220 a good woods bike? Also what some newbie to 2t tips? 450 was kinda heavy and not built real well for the tight, rutted, hilly trails I like to ride.

There great trail pigs. I had a 99 and it could just chug through the tight slow stuff and with a flick of a wrist... Ur gone. Best of both worlds (fast and easy to ride) i here alot of people do a first gear swap from the kdx tranny to the kx250 tranny for the trails cause the lower first gear is more desirable in the tight stuff.

There great trail pigs. I had a 99 and it could just chug through the tight slow stuff and with a flick of a wrist... Ur gone. Best of both worlds (fast and easy to ride) i here alot of people do a first gear swap from the kdx tranny to the kx250 tranny for the trails cause the lower first gear is more desirable in the tight stuff.

Hmm how hard is it to get into the tranny?

I wouldnt trade you're 450 for that. Try and get a newer trail bike or getsome cash. Other than that, they are awesome. I have a kdx250 and its light af! They are mint in the trails!

Er, the kdx220 would already have the lower 1st gear. If you have a kx250 you might want to go to a lower 1st gear. Your crf is obviously worth more money than the kdx so it wouldn't be wise to do a direct trade. I do like the kdx a bunch. Easy to ride and capable of going very fast in the woods. Lots of upgrades and a long history to boot.

Well it was a kdx and a 03 xr70 that need rings... Along with bout 300 cash...

Sounds like about $2000 value, whats your crf worth? Impossible to be displeased with a kdx for woods riding.

Sounds like about $2000 value, whats your crf worth? Impossible to be displeased with a kdx for woods riding.

That's what I figured... Not gonna do it... Be about a grand loss... Was excited about a trail bike but ill see what else can come about

That's what I figured... Not gonna do it... Be about a grand loss... Was excited about a trail bike but ill see what else can come about

Ya figured $2000 after thinking about it I'm not gonna do it, be a loss on my end.. was excited about a woods bike...