Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

My 2012 kx450 idles fine but bogs when you crack the throttle

I'm pretty new with this fuel injection but the other day at the track my bike started acting funny. And it wasn't always but I would go around and suddenly it would bog out, not horribly but noticeable. Ten same thing when I was doing hole shots. I pulled the tank off changed the gassed still nothing. I even pulled the fuel injection off and cleaned the filter in there and now when you have it on the stand and cracked the throttle it bogs almost every time. Any suggestions?

If you have more than 100 hours on it, most likely it is one of the wiring harness connectors.  Most likely out of those is the coolant temp. sensor connector.  

Start by visually inspecting all contact points between the wiring harness and the frame, mounting points, and anything that touches any part of the harness.  Check the grounds at the coil for being tight.

The most cost effective way to find it, disconnect the sensor clean the pins (male and female) with some contact cleaner and high pressure air stream, reconnect and test it in the same manner you could force the fault before.  If the problem goes away then replace the sub harness and coolant sensor.  If the problem still exists then move on to the throttle position sensor next.  Check each sensor and connector in the same manner until you find it, then replace the culprit.

There are much more technical ways to find this problem, but for the average rider and even the average dealership mechanic this is your best shot.