Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Evolution of Whoops technique

Who backfliped a motorcycle and stuck it before Travis? On purpose!

I was 12 yrs old, 1967 , new MC dealer grand opening Triumph,Yamaha,Bultaco, Cota trials bikes. One of the local Cota riders (sorry, don't remember name) Trials riders did a 30 min show of skills in parking lot. Sorry to burst your bubble. But i saw it as well as many in crowd.  Why would it be impossible for someone to do it back then, I have no skin in this game, I saw what I saw!

1969/70 raced 1/4-1/2 mile FT as well as TT. Rider by the name of Andy Eiesner, think from Sprinfield, MO. taught me how to scrub TT track jumps. Not the extreme you see today, but jumps were quite a bit smaller then.

I was 12 yrs old, 1967 , new MC dealer grand opening Triumph,Yamaha,Bultaco, Cota trials bikes. One of the local Cota riders (sorry, don't remember name) Trials riders did a 30 min show of skills in parking lot. Sorry to burst your bubble. But i saw it as well as many in crowd.  Why would it be impossible for someone to do it back then, I have no skin in this game, I saw what I saw!

PS, That was a Montessa Cota, think 250

Remember year because that day my father took delivery of 67 Triumph Booneville TT special for his 1/2 -Mile FT bike., Dealer was Garren Lynn , Des Moines ,Iowa

Pics or it didn't happen

• Like 1

Pics or it didn't happen

I would think even in that day, IF a person had done that backflip feat!! There would have not only been a report about it, a polaroid picture and of course a repeat performance soon to follow. 

I would think even in that day, IF a person had done that backflip feat!! There would have not only been a report about it, a polaroid picture and of course a repeat performance soon to follow. 

Ok, saw what I saw,no reason to lye here, believe it or not.

I &%$#@!ed Oprah

Believe it or not....I was there.....wish I wasn't :eek:

If there were many others that witnessed this feat, they would have shared it with the world, it would have been a show all it's self, in that time frame Evel Knievel would make 50ft jumps and it would be on wide world of sports!! I would find it hard to fathom a person able to do this in font of others , not wanting to capitalize on it?

If there were many others that witnessed this feat, they would have shared it with the world, it would have been a show all it's self, in that time frame Evel Knievel would make 50ft jumps and it would be on wide world of sports!! I would find it hard to fathom a person able to do this in font of others , not wanting to capitalize on it?

It is what it is, not taking anything away from TP great person.

Here is a new method being explored, pump your legs and avoid all of the whoops. Training session.

if it wasnt for james that guy would have never made that video. Notice the way he keeps his legs high and tight? See the js7 form in his body positioning? All js7!! He has changed entertainment forever.

if it wasnt for james that guy would have never made that video. Notice the way he keeps his legs high and tight? See the js7 form in his body positioning? All js7!! He has changed entertainment forever.

Actually mogul skiers were doing that before James was born. The scrub was pre jumping perfected by downhill skiers. Since James grew up in Florida, he figured those methods without copying skiers. He did change racing.

You could probably go back to that parking lot and find pieces of that Montesa lying around the lot. Nothing quite like those Spanish hunks of shit. Only thing worse were probably my Bulsuckos. :ride:

• Like 1

You could probably go back to that parking lot and find pieces of that Montesa lying around the lot. Nothing quite like those Spanish hunks of shit. Only thing worse were probably my Bulsuckos. :ride:

had a persang/matador 1/4 mile FT, actually if you went over them well they actually pretty good, but you are right if you just rode, marginal at best. LOL

had a persang/matador 1/4 mile FT, actually if you went over them well they actually pretty good, but you are right if you just rode, marginal at best. LOL

I had a few back then, always tried to find beaters for parts since replacement were almost non existent. Probably parts lying around the back yard at my parents old house some of which I probably threw there in rage/disgust!!! :lol:

Actually mogul skiers were doing that before James was born. The scrub was pre jumping perfected by downhill skiers. Since James grew up in Florida, he figured those methods without copying skiers. He did change racing.

and who do you think the skiers got that from? james has single handily changed the world of sports as we know it.  

and who do you think the skiers got that from? james has single handily changed the world of sports as we know it.

you truly have no gag reflex at all do you?

i keep working on what you taught me that one day.  i will be like you one day.  i just know it!  

Alright let's get back on topic, tell me how James has changed the WORLD OF SPORTS. You can say he has changed mx (that's debatable imo) but the WORLD OF SPORTS? Come on man, that's taking it way too far.