Bike for a big 14 year old

I'm 5'10 and 135 pounds. I have been riding for a little over a year. My current bike is a crf150f and I've completely torched the bike. What's my next move?

I would suggest a CRF250R.. it would be a good transition since you're already on a CRF150 series. 

• Like 1

125 2 stroke. Fun fast bike with plenty of juice, but easier to ride than a 250f.... For the inexperienced anyway. With only a year under your belt, a 250f will be a lot for you. They have a much broader and more torquey powerband, which makes them the weapon for racers, but it'd be a bad move for someone who is still very new to bikes.

KTM 150 XC (2 stroke)

KTM 200 XC-W (2 stroke - there is no XC model that I am aware of)

KTM 250 XC-F (4 stroke)

would all be move up bikes that you can ride harescrambles and motocross.

My son moved from a CRF150F to WR250F and it worked great for him, but we only trail ride.  Probably not a good bike for motocross tracks but it is a good step up in power and suspension from the CRF150F for enduro/trail riding.  The KTM XC is the in the 'middle' bike that can do both pretty well.

p.s. given that you were riding a CRF150F... I am guessing that you want to get into Motocross and Harescramble racing, but that you really havent yet done so.  Sometimes it can be hard to determine what direction you want to go if you havent experienced it.  So try to be realistic about the actual riding you will do (and that your parent's will let you do) and choose the appropriate bike.  If you are moving up on trail riding the WR250F,CRF250X,KTM 250XCF-W, KTM 200 XC-W and KDX200 would all be an easy, logical transition from the CRF150F.

Edited by SilvFx