Cr 125 02-07 differences

Hey everybody, I'm looking at a 2002 cr125 Saturday but I hate the number plate. I was gonna look into the cycra stadium plate but it says it won't fit the 2002 year. But it will fit 2004. What's the diffrence? I feel like it should fit because it just zip ties. Also what are the other differences over the 02-07 models?

Thanks for any help!!

I wouldn't worry so much about the plastics of the bike, performance should be the number one factor if your looking to have fun and not just look cool. I have an 01 cr125. 00-03 were all pretty much turds, but when you dump some money into them they can be alright. 04+ are much better, my era has pretty bad suspension and power characteristics. They are for sure still fun & competitive bikes though. 04+ has engine changes and they are bigger bikes. I only say they are bigger because my friends 05 rides higher and seems a bit wider than my 01. I think they &%$#@!ed up switching to the aluminum frame and the bike needed a new shape to perform better.

Edited by dan2581

I wouldn't worry about the number plate, more getting the performance aspects of the bike refined, they can be powerful, but with a lot of work, and I have 05, it does ride pretty high, higher than all my friends bikes (I think because they store them on triangles)

I just swapped the frame out on my 02 cr125 for an 03....(not for a performance reason.....found a crack in my 02 frame....picked up an 03 frame cuz it was readily available) EVERYTHING swapped over except for the coil! Which happened to be the last thing I swapped over!!! I was WTF....It all comes down this? the stinking coil. I jerry rigged it no problem.

The 02 front number plate bolt mounts from the front of the plate horizontally. 04+ the bolt is mounted vertically just in front of the bar pad,

I just swapped the frame out on my 02 cr125 for an 03....(not for a performance reason.....found a crack in my 02 frame....picked up an 03 frame cuz it was readily available) EVERYTHING swapped over except for the coil! Which happened to be the last thing I swapped over!!! I was &%$#@!....It all comes down this? the stinking coil. I jerry rigged it no problem.

Haha what a pain, my first practice moto on a track I was on my 05, I had never taken it out of 1st, so I didn't know what was gonna happen (I had just rebuilt it, top & bottom, never got to ride it before the rebuild) so I get on the track, and halfway through my coil bolts back out and it becomes un-grounded, so the bike bogs down and dies right on the track hahaha, took me a few minutes at the pitt to realize what happened, i got some extra bolts and had it fixed by the next moto, I was scared sh*tless I had blown up my brand new bike