Sign in to follow this  

Crf230f lights

Hey I have a 2008 CRF230f and I was told that it would only be able to run a 3 watt bulb for a headlight as it is. But I was wondering if anybody would know if l.e.d. lights would work? Thanks in advance!

Since led's draw dramatically less current than a normal bulb you should be able to run them no problem

Hey I have a 2008 CRF230f and I was told that it would only be able to run a 3 watt bulb for a headlight as it is. But I was wondering if anybody would know if l.e.d. lights would work? Thanks in advance!

I have a cheap HID headlight with XR250 number plate that is about as bright as the sun.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377943322.771533.jpg

If im not mistaken u can run a 35 or 40 watt stock with out having your stator re-round. I put a polisport light on mine. It comes with a 35 watt high and 35 watt low beam. I only hooked up the high with a universal on/off handle bar switch. I dont ride at night but jus in case i ever need it i got one. I have left it on for quite awhile while ridin durin the day and have not had any trouble with it not starting or cutting out while riding like its draining the battery faster than it can charge it. Mine is a 2007 230f tho it shoildnr mattwr as they all are the same. U xan research the subject a lil more on here and find exactly the highest watt bulb u can run stock. Thays what i did b4 i bought my light. Hope this helps