Sign in to follow this  

Got the luggage rack, now what tailbag?

I got the borrego luggage tail rack from CRFONLY.com.  Now I am not sure what would be a good bag to put on it.  I do not know what is out there. 

I saw cortera, motocentric, and a couple others were recommended, but they seem to be for cruiser bikes?  Anyone have any ideas?  Suggestions?

This tail bag will be for carrying tools/medical/water/food for trail riding not longer than a day.

Thanks in advance for your help and tips. :cool:

I suggest you do a search for "Sport Bike" luggage .... I search google images first and let that lead me to a site. Sport bikes tend to have smaller lighter luggage systems that just fit better  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Here's my Wolfman commuting setup to give you a size look.  (Tank bag is just sitting on top and not strapped down as I had it off at the time of pic but route it under the seat and it looks nice and clean).

IMG_1810_zps7e7f34ac.jpg

IMG_1804_zpsd44aee49.jpg

IMG_1805_zpsbb916ed3.jpg

• Like 3

I'm running the Peak tail bag and Enduro Tank bag. Both work great with the L.

Thanks for the pics. Are you happy with the fit of the Peak on that rack? Does it move around a lot when strapped down? How's the quality of the bag?

Thanks Big Tat

ETA: What tires do you have?

Edited by bigtattoo79

Thanks for the pics. Are you happy with the fit of the Peak on that rack? Does it move around a lot when strapped down? How's the quality of the bag?

Thanks Big Tat

ETA: What tires do you have?

Better yet whats the car behind the bike?? My 67 Camaro Z-28 takes up my CRF mod money on a regular basic's :cry::rant:

• Like 1

Better yet whats the car behind the bike?? My 67 Camaro Z-28 takes up my CRF mod money on a regular basic's :cry::rant:

Looks like an old T-Bird to me .... 

BigTatt - Bag sits solid on the rack with no movement and fits with no overhang (it tapers back to match the lines of the rear fender) . Wolfman quality is excellent. Easy to get on and off and holds more than you think.

USMCVietVet - 63 Thunderbird. Was wading through my wife's stuff in the garage encroaching on my fortress of solitude so I pulled it out temporarily. Thankfully I don't have to put much money into her. 73k original miles and outside of routine maintenance she's never given me issues.

Gnath - Good man!

• Like 3

Gnath - Good man!

Well .... since every thing I own is a Ford and I have been working for Ford for 25 years and I sell parts .... it was a pretty easy guess. I'm not sure I could have guessed the year right with the cover on it but, there was no doubt it was a T-Bird with the slide away steering wheel and the wrap around rear seat ...   :thumbsup:  

What do you think of the Warp9's you have ?

Are they heavier, lighter or the same weight .... and could you post some close up photo's for me ? 

I like the looks of them a lot and am considering a set even tho I know it will be mostly for bling ... the stock wheels are DID's and I believe are of high quality so it will take some coaxing to get me to spend that much on something they may not add performance. 

• Like 1

BigTatt - tires are Pirelli M90 scorpions. 70 street / 30 off road. I do 100% road with this bike and I'm very happy with these tires.

Gnath - I started a Warp 9 topic a few months ago with pics. I'll load up a couple more for for ya there.

• Like 2