pro circuit platinum 2 and 304 factory sound

hello every one I'm going to write a review on the platinum 2 and 304 factory sound. When i was looking for a pipe no one had information on the pc so i thought i would make a topic to give my opoin on the pipe. I got the pipe for my 2013 250xc ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377865266.424969.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377865283.436041.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377865297.234297.jpg

it is a great pipe it gave the bike a little more low end torque and a big mid rand boost and gave it more over rev than the stock. i think it is a very good 327$ investment. the pipe look great and is very strong i rode the bike last sunday and got of a wak on a rock face hill and fell on the right side and there is no dent . i have a friend who has the same bike as me but has a fmf gnarly and a powercore 2. that pipe added maybe a little mor low end than the pc but the mid was very close but the over rev there was 0 competition the pc rockets past while the fmf falls on its face.

I ride on the pipe a lot so i like the additional over rev over all I love the pipe recommend it to everyone but if all your do is lug it get the gnarly other wise the pc is a great choice

- sorry for the bad grammar i wrote this on my phone

do they have a platnum2 for 125cc ktms?

like 125sx?

i need something durable...

do they have a platnum2 for 125cc ktms?

like 125sx?

i need something durable...

I just looked on pc website and they do not make it for a 125 your best bet is to get wat ever pipe you want and get a carbon fiber pipe guard

Pro circuit makes some VERY nice pipes that cater to a specific "style of rider" ... 

FMF cater to the luggers ... and Pro Circuit the screamers  :thumbsup:

Fit and finish look top notch. I just bought a 300XC four weeks ago. Loving the bike so far! May look at this pipe/silencer down the road. Like you I tend to ride on the pipe mostly so I'm not as concerned with increasing bottom end. The 300 has the best bottom end I have ever experienced from a 2-stroke machine. As long as the PC setup maintains what is there stock and increases mid-top I may go this route.

I've never used a PC pipe or silencer on a bike before. In all my years of riding it has always been FMF on my bikes. So I'm really interested in hearing about others experiences with the PC.

Fit and finish look top notch. I just bought a 300XC four weeks ago. Loving the bike so far! May look at this pipe/silencer down the road. Like you I tend to ride on the pipe mostly so I'm not as concerned with increasing bottom end. The 300 has the best bottom end I have ever experienced from a 2-stroke machine. As long as the PC setup maintains what is there stock and increases mid-top I may go this route.

I've never used a PC pipe or silencer on a bike before. In all my years of riding it has always been FMF on my bikes. So I'm really interested in hearing about others experiences with the PC.

to be honest this was my first pc pipe I've ever owned and i very happy and not looking back. I am also a fmf guy for a long time but now im a pc guy.

good luck

Dose anybody know the difference between the platinum 2 and the normal platinum? They don't have the "2" for my bike. :(

Dose anybody know the difference between the platinum 2 and the normal platinum? They don't have the "2" for my bike. :(

the only difference is that the 2 has hieveir gage steel so it dosnt dent as easy

Pc2 is gnarly pipe.

The magazine is at work (can't recall the name of it), but I just read an article "20 Things To Make Your 2013 250SX Better".  If I recall correctly, the PC pipe and 304 silencer added about 5-7 hp.  But that was from about 8k to 10k.  They said the bottom and mid stayed about the same, but from about 8k on, you'd better be hanging on.  There was a carb mod in the article too, that said it felt like rocket boosters in the upper rpm range, but had no effect on low and mid.  I have noticed my 13 pulls smooth and hard, but it does sign off noticeably and early.  I'm considering the pipe and silencer, but I may wait and get a 14 in 2-3 months, the install the exhaust on it.

P.S. I spoke with the people at P.C. last week, and they said they would not have that particular pipe available for a month or two.

P.S. I spoke with the people at P.C. last week, and they said they would not have that particular pipe available for a month or two.

I just got the PC2 and 304 factory sound from Rocky Mountain last week. They still have some listed in stock.

I just purchased a PC2 from Rocky Mountain also. They have a warehouse in Utah and it should be here in Vegas tomorrow and I ordered it Sunday evening! My OEM pipe has cracked for the 2nd time on my 2012SX. I'll have it welded again and keep it as a spare. KTM makes them out of tin foil!

I know this is a thread for a new 250 ktm. But I didn't want to make another thread on a near same subject, Anyone have experience with a older 125 2 stroke exhaust? I was thinking FMF fatty w/ shorty or Pro circuit platinum with shorty on my 04 125. But I heard the pro circuit one falls off bad on the top end

I just got the PC2 and 304 factory sound from Rocky Mountain last week. They still have some listed in stock.

I was thinking / hoping there were some available at some of their dealers.

The magazine is at work (can't recall the name of it), but I just read an article "20 Things To Make Your 2013 250SX Better".  If I recall correctly, the PC pipe and 304 silencer added about 5-7 hp.  But that was from about 8k to 10k.  They said the bottom and mid stayed about the same, but from about 8k on, you'd better be hanging on.  There was a carb mod in the article too, that said it felt like rocket boosters in the upper rpm range, but had no effect on low and mid.  I have noticed my 13 pulls smooth and hard, but it does sign off noticeably and early.  I'm considering the pipe and silencer, but I may wait and get a 14 in 2-3 months, the install the exhaust on it.

I believe that carb mod your speaking of is the intellajet mod, my 13 250SX that I just received has this mod and i'll be willing to report on it after the weekend as I haven't ridden it yet although I can't give a comparison to stock, i'll try to post any findings.

When you get shorty pipes you loose low in torque!! Fmf power core 2

I believe that carb mod your speaking of is the intellajet mod, my 13 250SX that I just received has this mod and i'll be willing to report on it after the weekend as I haven't ridden it yet although I can't give a comparison to stock, i'll try to post any findings.

That would be great.  I would like to get a real world report.

Got my new Platinum II today! You can see from the pictures that the Pro Circuit has less bend at the header and is longer. On the KTM OEM you can see the first welded crack and the 2nd new crack next to it! The expansion part of the pipes are fairly close to being the same. Should ride the bike this weekend with the new pipe so I'll do a ride report.

bth_003_zps4fbcf46a.jpg?t=1378347848bth_002_zps968853e6.jpg?t=1378347876bth_001_zps6dc7f156.jpg?t=1378347929

Got my new Platinum II today! You can see from the pictures that the Pro Circuit has less bend at the header and is longer. On the KTM OEM you can see the first welded crack and the 2nd new crack next to it! The expansion part of the pipes are fairly close to being the same. Should ride the bike this weekend with the new pipe so I'll do a ride report.

bth_003_zps4fbcf46a.jpg?t=1378347848bth_002_zps968853e6.jpg?t=1378347876bth_001_zps6dc7f156.jpg?t=1378347929

Although the article didn't give any hp numbers for the carb mod, they did say it felt like turbo boosters in the higher rpm range.  Between the carb mod and exhaust, it may be approaching 8 or so hp.  That's quite alot on an already remarkable engine. 

A report would be appreciated when you can.