The different noise that every talks about

Hello,  New here traded in the KLR for the DRZ.  Really psyched about the bike but wondering if everyone has the same noise from the top end as I do.  I have searched here there and everywhere for info on whether everyones bike makes this sound or not.  Basically it sounds like it comes from the top end on the right side.  It is more of a hollow whirring sound that is pretty loud, as in louder than the stock exhaust note.  It only starts when the bike is warmed up and going slow, like plugging through the woods in second gear.   But I guess it could do it all the time I just can't hear it when really getting on the gas or at high speed...  Ill try to record the sound but hoping that it is just part of all the noises that folks are talking about...  Not a ticking or clunking like folks are always talking about...

any info would be great...

That could be the sound of the cam chain. Do you have the stock ACCT in or a MCCT?

It is a 09 that I just got it only had 1000 miles on it and it is the Acct

Edited by dbern

The mcct should quiet it down... my example is of 2 different 2013 model sm's... mine is stock my buddys has the mcct and it is much more quiet then mine! Definitely made me say yes to the mcct just a matter of ordering it now!

Interesting is there a reason why it would only be loud when it warms up?  Of the different videos I have looked at I have heard the difference when someone adjusts the mcct.  The sound is a bit more metallic than what Im hearing...  This sounds a bit more like a hollow engine noise maybe something to do with the exhaust echo or something maybe?   I can find no leaks or anything though.   I honestly was wondering if everyone has the same noise as I am new to this bike and it has always done it...  I guess the way folks talk about the mcct on here I guess it is a good idea anyway and then see where I am...

Edited by dbern

Just looking around a bit more seeing that folks are talking about the auto decomp.  What is the sound of that issue?  Is it  ticking issue also?   I am not having a ticking sound but more of a whirring that is pretty loud over the sound of the rest of the engine not heard at idle really just when plugging along slow.

Just looking around a bit more seeing that folks are talking about the auto decomp.  What is the sound of that issue?  Is it  ticking issue also?   I am not having a ticking sound but more of a whirring that is pretty loud over the sound of the rest of the engine not heard at idle really just when plugging along slow.

How many miles on the motor ?

The auto decomp is a ticking noise.

The auto decomp is a ticking noise.

It contributes to the Ticking sound , it just depends what else is flapping around in there .

Motor has about 1500 miles on it.  Not a ticking issue all sounds good, well as good as any of these engines...  So when you all ride you do not hear a noise coming from the engine that is a little louder then the exhaust?    When riding coming straight up from below at front of bike.  A whirring sound not a ticking?  And only when hot.  Im hoping that all have it and just don't notice it.  I have had a few other bikes but never a dirt bike so maybe Im being over sensitive...