Sign in to follow this  

2013 crf 450 stock exhaust

Has anyone had there stock 2013 remapped useing stock exhaust? I had mine mapped with a drd pipe and I swear it feels better with the stock back on it

MXA recently did a pipe shootout or I might be confusing that with a DrD hop up article I read somewhere else. If I remember correctly the DrD was one of the weaker power producing pipes. Worse than stock.

Yup.  The DR.D exhaust will produce less power than the oem.   I found this out back in 05 on that yr. model as I tried one & it felt mellow in comparison to the oem.  Later seen a dyno run on pipe comparisons & confirmed what I felt.   It hasn't changed much thru the years I've seen a couple more pipe shootouts showing the oem as being a better overall pipe.        

Does that exhaust flow less or something? Have a spark arrestor? Odd to make less power unles it's a sparky. If it flows less and the map was richened it surely would feel better with the stock exhaust put back on.

I know gimp I should have listened to ya. Would they take a drd on trade? :) I had Eddie remap it with the drd on. Yet it feels like it revs longer with the stock. Maybe it's just me

Edited by motoman610

Has anyone had there stock 2013 remapped useing stock exhaust? I had mine mapped with a drd pipe and I swear it feels better with the stock back on it

Look at the bright side.

Your ass is pretty intelligent. It confirmed what it took a very expensive dyno to prove.

You can now hire yourself as a human dyno...

• Like 1

Look at the bright side.

Your ass is pretty intelligent. It confirmed what it took a very expensive dyno to prove.

You can now hire yourself as a human dyno...

well I wish it could get back the 600 bucks it cost for the pipe. Owell it may work better somewhere else or a different track or something

Well after riding this weekend and switching pipes( I don't think my friends were impressed), the stock does rev longer but the drd has more of a free revving felling. I wish that I could get the drd to have that punch right off the bottom. But other then that it's a ok pipe. It still takes alittle clutch with the stock pipe in deep loam to pull third In corners, where as the drd didn't . All in all since I bought it I will run it. I don't put much stock in mag reports, mxa did do a good right up on the pipes. But when you ride at glen Helen., I bet the drd doesn't feel good at all. Man I wish I had all the different pipes to try( and someone else to change them out)

MXA's test never mentions getting a remap with any of the pipes.  I put a full Yoshimura pipe on my 13' CRF450R and it lost most of it's bottom end and ran just ok everywhere else.  I sent the box out to Eddie for a remap and it was a whole new bike.  My friend has the same bike with the same pipe and no remap and we test each others bike back and there was a remarkable difference between the two.  This bike needs to be remapped with any pipe, and MXA fails to even mention it.  I don't know how they can claim to even know what they are talking about.

I like Dr D's stuff.  I don't want a bike that hits hard, I like smooth better.