Sign in to follow this  

Where do I buy jets?

I've only had my 2007 for a few days and just coming to terms with mods I'd like to do.

PO had pulled the baffle to make more sound.  It was too loud for me so I reinstalled the baffle.  Voila - more bottom end just like that. 

I like bottom end (and I liike quiet) so I've decided to leave the stock can/baffle and work around that at this time.

I can also tell it's a bit lean, so clearly needs to be rejetted.  And that snorkel clearly has to go.

So a few questions - Where can I buy jets seperately?  Which series jets do I need *with stock can and 4 x 4 mod)? and do I need a different needle or is the stocker OK?  I ride between SL and 3000', and always between 45-90 degrees F. If you can't tell, I'm too cheap to buy a whole kit unless I have to.

BTW, the throttle response is really crisp on my 2007 - no bog at all.

jetsrus.com

I've have several great transactions with these folks.

For the main you could try 152. Most folks also install a 42 or 45 pilot. I wouldn't change needles if youre happy with the responsiveness as-is.

• Like 1

I've only had my 2007 for a few days and just coming to terms with mods I'd like to do.

PO had pulled the baffle to make more sound.  It was too loud for me so I reinstalled the baffle.  Voila - more bottom end just like that. 

I like bottom end (and I liike quiet) so I've decided to leave the stock can/baffle and work around that at this time.

I can also tell it's a bit lean, so clearly needs to be rejetted.  And that snorkel clearly has to go.

So a few questions - Where can I buy jets seperately?  Which series jets do I need *with stock can and 4 x 4 mod)? and do I need a different needle or is the stocker OK?  I ride between SL and 3000', and always between 45-90 degrees F. If you can't tell, I'm too cheap to buy a whole kit unless I have to.

BTW, the throttle response is really crisp on my 2007 - no bog at all.

The FCR carb is found at one time or another on almost every brand out there. Any dealer should have jets in stock for around $10 each.

Did you mean McDonnell Douglas....the aircraft manufacturer?

Or McDonalds...the place that gives you a toy plane with your happy meal?

McDonalds is giving away a free McDonnell Douglas jet toy with each Happy Meal and they're calling it the McDonald Douglas F-14.

That's odd - Grumman makes the F-14.  I'd think they'd have issues with the McDonald's hijack of the name.

Edited by dukesilver

That's odd - Grumman makes the F-14. I'd think they'd have issues with the McDonald's hijack of the name.

Good to know.

If u put baffle back in it shouldve added restriction, causing a slightly richer condition.a simple internet search should reveal factory jetting. They are available at any cycle shop.

Rockymountainmc.com also sells individual jets.

Yea, take off the snorkel and open up the top of the airbox.  Then jet richer since it will be inhaling more air.  You will notice more power at all rpms and it should even start easier.  The Ramsey link has tips on this and much more.

Thanks 99klr - I notice a surge at idle rpm with the stock jetting so clearly lean.   I ordered a whole bunch of doodads for RMATV including the jets.  My 2007 is rumored to already have the 42 pilot, but I ordered a 45 while I was at it.  150, 152 and 155 mains and picked up the dialajet remote mixture deal.  Of course they suckered me in and I bought just enough to get the free shipping.

Ohiocoalminer - by adding the baffle I took it from super lean to only a lot lean.  At least it was a move in the right direction and I got back a hunk of bottom end the PO was missing.  BTW, I grew up in Parkersburg.  I have a lot of family in Jackson Co, WV and Jackson, OH.

Edited by dukesilver