Sign in to follow this  

Just got mine! (2013 KTM 250SX)

Hey guys,

Picked up a barely used 13 250SX yesterday! The previous owner already has the intellijet mod on there as well as the Kreft Powerdial. It also has on an FMF Fatty with Powercore 2 silencer. Coming off a 2010 KX250F I can't wait to be back on the 2 strokes and will have a full report after my ride on Sunday.

WIll upload pics as soon as I can!

Edited by adamdf

That's cool. I love my 13. Don't have the intellijet carb but I did work out my jetting pretty good. Just picked up a pro circuit platinum 2 pipe and 304 factory silencer and a Boyesen clutch cover. So much fun. Incredible smooth power, but it will bite you if your not careful. Brakes are sick especially front. Check your bolts often as some will come loose and make certain you install your air filter properly after cleaning. Run your finger around it to be sure its seated properly.

That's cool. I love my 13. Don't have the intellijet carb but I did work out my jetting pretty good. Just picked up a pro circuit platinum 2 pipe and 304 factory silencer and a Boyesen clutch cover. So much fun. Incredible smooth power, but it will bite you if your not careful. Brakes are sick especially front. Check your bolts often as some will come loose and make certain you install your air filter properly after cleaning. Run your finger around it to be sure its seated properly.

My '11 KTM 300 has had bolts rattle off, but it's hard to tell whether that's KTM's fault or just human error (never MY error though lol).  So anything on the frame or chassis I use Lock Tite--ESPECIALLY THE SHOCK BOLT ATTACHING THE UPPER SHOCK MOUNT TO THE FRAME, I lost mine racing one time.  Never had a problem since I Lock Tite it all.

I retorque my triple clamps every ride to spec too.  The air filter usually does not go on unless it's in place, but I always check the lip all the way around to be safe.  If you gotta force it, something aint right.

Hey guys,

Picked up a barely used 13 250SX yesterday! The previous owner already has the intellijet mod on there as well as the Kreft Powerdial. It also has on an FMF Fatty with Powercore 2 silencer. Coming off a 2010 KX250F I can't wait to be back on the 2 strokes and will have a full report after my ride on Sunday.

WIll upload pics as soon as I can!

I'd like to know how the intelijet works for you, I never was able to get it to work well and I tried every recommendation from Dick and MXA to no avail. I'm a big believer in MXA recommendations, though in this one case. it not only didn't live up to the hype, it performed very poorly with bogging and inconsistent power delivery

I'd like to know how the intelijet works for you, I never was able to get it to work well and I tried every recommendation from Dick and MXA to no avail. I'm a big believer in MXA recommendations, though in this one case. it not only didn't live up to the hype, it performed very poorly with bogging and inconsistent power delivery

That's interesting. Unfortunately the weather has been terrible here with rain so I couldn't get out over the weekend and will have to wait till this coming Sunday for a full test. I rode the bike up and down my street and it was fine but I never like to form opinions based on that. I will post a full report after my first day on the track with it.

Can anyone give me some tips on tuning the intellajet dial to rich or lean? How does the adjustment work? As mentioned, the bike came with the mod and i can't seem to find any tips on their website. Thanks.

Can anyone give me some tips on tuning the intellajet dial to rich or lean? How does the adjustment work? As mentioned, the bike came with the mod and i can't seem to find any tips on their website. Thanks.

Can anyone help with this?

Did you ever figure it out?

I've been hoping someone with knowledge and past success would chime in.

You can always call Dicks Racing and inquire