Sign in to follow this  

Washington Summer of perfect dirt

Don't know what y'all have experienced this summer, but I haven't seen much dust this year.  I've been riding every weekend, and most weeks I get a day in during the week.  I've never seen a summer with this much velcro on the trails. I've basically ridden only two bikes since April, and I've yet to change the air filter on either.

Gotta luv it :thumbsup:

BTW, yesterday the dumping at 6000' was quite the downpour.  The raindrops were hitting my lips so hard they stung.

Edited by Slackkinhard

Don't know what y'all have experienced this summer, but I haven't seen much dust this year.  I've been riding every weekend, and most weeks I get a day in during the week.  I've never seen a summer with this much velcro on the trails. I've basically ridden only two bikes since April, and I've yet to change the air filter on either.

Gotta luv it :thumbsup:

BTW, yesterday the dumping at 6000' was quite the downpour.  The raindrops were hitting my lips so hard they stung.

Where have you been riding?  We've been riding various mountain trails practically every weekend since the 4th of July and have seen PLENTY of dust!!!  I can't even count how many air filters and skins I have cleaned this summer!  lol  This weekend should be dust free though!   :ride:

• Like 2

Yeah it's been pretty good but the loony spots or high traffic areas get pretty dusty at my place...it's real light top soil ..for about three hours in the morning no dust lol...whee y'all ride in wa

Edited by Crguy713

I would have to say that this WHOLE year has been awesome as far as riding weather.  winter was not bad at all , with no monsoons of a week or more. Gotta agree that it has been pretty low on dust for the most part.

Joe

• Like 1

Well I was posting a vid but it won't let me upload

Edited by Crguy713

Most of you guys must be over on the "wet" side, cause the dust has been awful over here in ID. We finally got some rain last night, but I'm sure it won't make a difference by this weekend.

I have to admit, it is nice to end a ride with dry boots!

Most of you guys must be over on the "wet" side, cause the dust has been awful over here in ID. We finally got some rain last night, but I'm sure it won't make a difference by this weekend.

I have to admit, it is nice to end a ride with dry boots!

I'm not sure how my timing has worked out so well this year, but 9 out of 10 rides I've been lucky to go out after a thunderstorm moved through the area.  Normally our mtns are a sea of dust by mid August....other than some select high Alpine rides, we normally just have to grin and bear it like the rest of the country. However, this whole year has been mild, both on the wet side and in the mountains.  E.Washington out on the desert prairie seems to have been about normal. We've just been lucky this year if ya ask me. :)