Sign in to follow this  

Crf250r vs yz250f?

Honda all the way...everybody I know racing who swapped out to honda or got a new Fi 250 raves about it amazing bikes ...smoother easier prettier ...from my personal observation comfort is the biggest thing they feel more comfort so they go faster...I'm a fan of both but would not buy a yami ...I'd gladly sell my first born for a honda

• Like 1

I heard the Hondas were very comfortable I own a kx250f right now but they cost so much to fix and I don't think that they are that reliable and I'm switching either to honda or yamaha when she's done but everything is good and kept of Martience but just seeing what is better

I heard the Hondas were very comfortable I own a kx250f right now but they cost so much to fix and I don't think that they are that reliable and I'm switching either to honda or yamaha when she's done but everything is good and kept of Martience but just seeing what is better

Yamaha.

Honda and yea no offense I hate kawis because they have a horrible reputation for crappy engines.

for a 250f a yamaha is best choice. It's the most reliable out if all. I'm a die hard Honda guy having all Hondas except my brand new 14 yz450f I just traded my 13 crf450r for. Hondas are sweet reliable bikes but so are yamahas. I say you'd be stupid not to go yamaha. It's good at everything not perfect at one thing meaning all bikes are meant to be perfect at this or that but yamahas 250fs are great at everything. I'd ride a yz250f over any crf250r just because of reliability
  • Like 1

http://www.hondatest.com/2014-honda-crf250r/

Other than having a higher points lead outdoors and in sales and riddin by the current outdoor champ ..being Fi for a few years now ..having the highest reliability rating of all the bikes from peer reviews and pros ..you can get last years bike allot cheaper ...with minor mods be equal to a 2014... Either way I'm not a fan of first year tech. Kinda like the lanky fat headed dog of a 450 there first year with major suspension issues ..not only that most pros who tried to ride didnt do to well..nor stays on a Yamaha very long. And they opted to toss there tornado contraption ..which was yamaha s biggest selling point without major suspension work a new pipe and engine relocating tabs .at least on the first Fi yamahas ..no one I know will buy yamahas 250f 14 so there's not going to be much feed back from actual riders out here in my area

Edited by Crguy713

There is no better, just different. Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, KTM, etc. haven't been around all these years because they make crap bikes. Each has their strengths and each has their weaknesses. Only you can decide which strengths and weaknesses are important to you.

Edited by reco2011

Main reason I would go with honda is because especially if you are buying brand new 2014 get a honda because yamaha made a huge mistake on there 2014 250f and have been doing the same thing on there 450f since 2010 because in 2010 they tilted there engine backwards and now they have done the same thing to there 250f. What happens is the handling is horrible in corners. Yamaha clams it makes more horse power but I would rather have handling than power. Unless it so much more but it's not much at all. And I like that honda went back dual mufflers because it makes the bike better balance because you don't have just one muffler weighing Down the right side so now it is balanced because the weight from the mufflers is distributed equally. Also if someone dents up your muffler you can still finish the race because you still have the other muffler and who can't like the duals I mean come on.

• Like 1