What is this?

I just got my first 2 stroke yesturday and today I noticed that there was fuel coming out of this little brownish thing on the bottom of the carb. I'm pretty sure it's to drain the fuel but wouldn't there be a hose coming off of it? Thanks.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377886401.417320.jpg

It's the float's main bearing. Thoroughly inspect it, too much pre load on the timing chain will make it slip.

I just got my first 2 stroke yesturday and today I noticed that there was fuel coming out of this little brownish thing on the bottom of the carb. I'm pretty sure it's to drain the fuel but wouldn't there be a hose coming off of it? Thanks.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377886401.417320.jpg

Can't tell but it looks like there is one on it but haggard and short? But yeah it's fine either way a hose would be dial for draining around the case but not necessary to ride....unless you leave gas in it for extended periods or get contamination you never really use it...maybe once or twice every year ? Unless you frequent jet changes I wouldn't really worry just go ride

Ok thanks for the replies. One thing I noticed is that yesturday gas wasn't leaking out of it and it ran great but today there is gas leaking out of it and it won't idle.

It's the float's main bearing. Thoroughly inspect it, too much pre load on the timing chain will make it slip.

you sir are a &%$#@!in know it all homo

I just got my first 2 stroke yesturday and today I noticed that there was fuel coming out of this little brownish thing on the bottom of the carb. I'm pretty sure it's to drain the fuel but wouldn't there be a hose coming off of it? Thanks.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377886401.417320.jpg

yes that is the over follow for the carb and there is suppose to be a hose on it. your problem is a sticking float needle or wrong float level.

hahahaha lol

You are pathetic.

You are pathetic.

really?

Sticky float...pull float bowl...there's a float hooked to a pin and float needle pull pin so float comes off...pay attention to how things r together before you remove stuff..ie cell phone pics r great ...after float is removed there's a little silo shaped float needle that's in a hole moved by the float...look at Teflon tip of this little float needle...look for debris is carb filthy? I'd assume you have a lil buildup in carb...

Sticky float...pull float bowl...there's a float hooked to a pin and float needle pull pin so float comes off...pay attention to how things r together before you remove stuff..ie cell phone pics r great ...after float is removed there's a little silo shaped float needle that's in a hole moved by the float...look at Teflon tip of this little float needle...look for debris is carb filthy? I'd assume you have a lil buildup in carb...

Could this be why I'm not getting a whole lot throttle response too?

You prob need a carb clean as well....YouTube it!

you sir are a &%$#@!in know it all homo

yes that is the over follow for the carb and there is suppose to be a hose on it. your problem is a sticking float needle or wrong float level.

Speaking of homo's, your handle says it all.