Sign in to follow this  

Replacement Screws

So the person I bought my bike from stripped the hell out of the Front master cylinder cover screws so I had to drill out the screws just to get them out. But now I am having some trouble finding replacement screws. Does anyone know where to find them?

Thanks.

Check hardware store or just buy a dirtbike bolt kit, they come in very handy.

When my reservoir screws stripped i looked in my kit and found new ones.

I picked up stainless allen heads, with the correct head at the local hardware store. In fact I repalced every phillips head on my bike with stainless allens from the hardware store.

Edited by OhioYJ
  • Like 1

I picked up stainless allen heads, with the correct head at the local hardware store. In fact I repalced every phillips head on my bike with stainless allens from the hardware store.

philips head screws are generally used  so you cannot over tighten them,they will strip the head before they strip the thread,main cause of stripping the philips head is the wrong size screw driver,also helps if you buy a high quality screw driver with ACR ribs

philips head screws are generally used  so you cannot over tighten them,they will strip the head before they strip the thread,main cause of stripping the philips head is the wrong size screw driver,also helps if you buy a high quality screw driver with ACR ribs

I break out the torque wrenches reguarly when working on the bikes.

ACR? (Never heard of this?) I'm assuming the DRZ had JIS phillips on them factory? (US phillips screw drivers don't fit all that well)

I break out the torque wrenches reguarly when working on the bikes.

ACR? (Never heard of this?) I'm assuming the DRZ had JIS phillips on them factory? (US phillips screw drivers don't fit all that well)

can't remember exactly what ACR stands for but the R is for ribs.  heres a link to show you what i mean

http://www.phillips-screw.com/acr_phillips.php