New member XR650L

Hey everyone, new forum member here. I recently bought this 1999 XR650L and i must say, its the most fun on a bike iv had in a long time.When i purchased the bike the PO had done some nice mods already=Daves mod on the carb, de smog,larger tank although im not 100% on the manufacturer maybe clarke? oh and heated hand grips! Love those.

I did a few mods myself and i must say im in love with this thing,sounds great esp in parking garages lol. Iv ridden 95% street so far,just around town but iam in vermont so we do have plenty of dirt roads to explore.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.I cant wait to dig in and see what info i can find here.Im sure ill have plenty of Qs in the future.

Thanks!

Looks good. I would suggest ditching the battery, box and hardware and go with a tiny ballistic one mounted under the seat some where. Your bike will feel more "balanced" and you will lose about 9 lbs. Then throw on a side cover off of a xr600r and your good to go. ?

Edited by Thumper3

Thanks for the tips on the tires, yesterday i went down a few dirt roads just to see how the tires act and to my suprise they were not horrible but not that good either. I mostly ride on the street, im in the city and id have to travel a bit for a real back road.

I do have plans for the battery relocation and 600 side plate, have not picked up the parts yet.

It needs a tank sticker.  Something like this one from Factory Effex:

Tank2_zpsf545f7c5.jpg

Dude.. some people actually like a clean looking tank. This is the third thread I have seen where your only input is "that thing needs a tank sticker" not trying to be a jerk but if everyone wanted tank graphics, they would have them. 

Edited by MossyOak

I didnt really mind the blank tank, i saw a decal set on ebay and said what the hell, if i dont like it ill pull it off. It actually came in the mail today, and i kinda like it,it looks like the one in the pic above is a solid decal as the one i got is just the colored decals and no white backround. Theres no conflicting whites from the tank color and decal backround color. Im digging for now but thanks for looking out mossyoak.

Heres a couple pics of the decal.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I didnt really mind the blank tank, i saw a decal set on ebay and said what the hell, if i dont like it ill pull it off. It actually came in the mail today, and i kinda like it,it looks like the one in the pic above is a solid decal as the one i got is just the colored decals and no white backround. Theres no conflicting whites from the tank color and decal backround color. Im digging for now but thanks for looking out mossyoak.

Heres a couple pics of the decal.

📎image.jpg

📎image.jpg

Anytime lol. Looks great on that white tank. 

Dude.. some people actually like a clean looking tank. This is the third thread I have seen where your only input is "that thing needs a tank sticker" not trying to be a jerk but if everyone wanted tank graphics, they would have them. 

And I'm going to keep recommending tank stickers - like a broken record.

Try  not to take it personally when I do it again. ?

• Like 1

Easy does it. You might come across as being rude and annoying. If someone tags you as this, just come on over to my thread "a pic of my 284lb pig". Im feeling lonely over there...?

• Like 1