Rm250's spark plug/piston issue

What were the years that suzuki had issues with cracked pistons and the iridium spark plug debacle and all that? Was it 01-03 or did it continue through the end of production? Thinking about getting a rm250 but want to know which years apply with these known issues.

Not sure about the spark plug issue but the '01 and '02 are the only years that had a problem with destroying stock or OEM pistons that were used too long.  Eric Gorr offers a service that reshaped the exhaust port that fixes the problem or you can just switch over to a Wiseco forged piston and inspect the piston every so often (pull the pipe and look up the exhaust port).  I would expect an average '01 or '02 to get about two good years of riding out of a Wiseco piston, maybe more if you inspect it regularly and are not constantly into the upper RPM's for extended periods. 

Maybe it was on 01-03 125's but there was a recall on the stock spark plug and they told everyone to run iridium spark plugs. I believe the problem was is that they were breaking inside the motor. I almost bought a 01 rm125 years ago and the dealership told me about that issue I just can't remember the exact issue or if the 250 was affected but have heard of the cracked pistons for the oem. Do the new oem pistons crack? Generally that's what I stick with.

Maybe it was on 01-03 125's but there was a recall on the stock spark plug and they told everyone to run iridium spark plugs. I believe the problem was is that they were breaking inside the motor. I almost bought a 01 rm125 years ago and the dealership told me about that issue I just can't remember the exact issue or if the 250 was affected but have heard of the cracked pistons for the oem. Do the new oem pistons crack? Generally that's what I stick with.

Here, read this article by Eric Gorr, it'll answer all of your questions and some that you haven't even thought of yet.  http://www.eric-gorr.com/incl/pdfs/modeltuningtipsSuzuki.pdf

Thanks a lot ill be looking to get the 04-08. Man if I could find a nice 08 I'd shit bricks. They are so incredibly elusive though. I can dream can't I?